JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anyone had any experience with a CF-380 or Hi-Point pistols in general?

I have always stayed away from them because they are so cheap but a friend wants to trade me one for some computer work. I will trade just because I don't have a .380 but would like to know whether or not it could be a reliable weapon.

Any thoughts?

It will probably be reliable, just not super practical. They tend to be too bulky and heavy for concealed carry, particularly given the small caliber and capacity. For home defense, size and weight don't matter as much, but that being the case, a small capacity .380 isn't the best choice. They're also extremely annoying to field strip for cleaning, requires driving a pin out with a mallet. They're ok, they just don't excel in any particular area.

I have a Hi-Point C9 9mm. It has been very reliable. I've gone over the 2,000 round mark and then lost count. The only problems I've had with it was when I got a box of ammo for Christmas from my in-laws. You should go over to the hi-point forum to chat with people that actually use Hi-Points. Don't listen to people who heard from his friends girlfriends uncle that one blew up in their hand. LOL

<broken link removed>

I carry mine sometimes. I rotate with a Ruger P95. A little side note....My C9 was great from the first day I shot it. Paid $150 for it. My Ruger that cost $320 had problems the first and second day I shot it. The slide would stay open when the mag still had ammo in it. Had to do some filing to fix the problem. I would think that for a gun that cost more than twice as much, it should have worked just as good or better as the $150 gun. Not the case. All makes of guns can have problems, no matter the price.

The main thing that causes the problems with the Hi-Points are the mag lips. Usually if people are getting jams it's do to that. Head over to the forum and check it out.

OOOPPPSSSS. Almost forgot to mention....If it's worth it for you to take the trade then do it. You can send the gun to Hi-Point and have them look it over. Let them know you got it used and wanted to make sure it was OK. They will check it out, replace any parts that might need replacing (free of charge).

I owned two of them in the past (9mm pistol and carbine), sold them both to fund new guns. big mistakes, they were honestly the most reliable guns I owned, never a single problem with either.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top