Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

hi-point 9mm

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by belcher, Dec 4, 2012.

1. belcher

belcher vancouver wa Active Member

i have read mixed reviews on hi-point firearms, but a 9mm for around $150 cant beat that.
    has anyone on hear purchased one or played with one?
    Im thinking about buying one just because its cheap.

2. Mephistopheles

Mephistopheles Lane County, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I've had two C9's and traded them both. Not that I have anything against them. They just make good trading material. There are several tweeks you can do to make them more reliable. Youtube has several (don't miss the two guys trying to destroy a C9). Also, HiPointtalk.com (I think that's it) is an excellent forum. You will probably never find a better warranty in the business,free to any owner, forever. Their carbines are considered very good. I have a 995TS and plan on keeping it. If I came across another C9, I just might keep it.

3. Mephistopheles

4. Bravo4

Bravo4 Polk County, OR Member

I've got a C9, fired about 200 rounds, no problems, just load 5 or 6 rounds through the first 100 rounds to soften the magazine spring a little. Use it with decent brass ammo, keep it clean and it should be fine.

Once at the range a Glock owner asked me if he could try it. He liked it, even mentioned the trigger was better than his Glock; maybe the guy was just being nice.

I'm not saying Hi Points are the best out there, but mine has proven to be a good range pistol.
    Would I carry it? no; but I know a couple of guys that take it as a side arm when hunting.

5. 2Wheels4Ever

2Wheels4Ever Portland Well-Known Member 2015 Volunteer

I have the .45 hipoint. It is ugly, has a horrible trigger, and will jam up every now and then, but it does go bang and is cheap. Great gun to throw in a toolbox or trunk of a car. If someone steals it you are not out much, and and you can pick up another one for cheap. Also you can't beat their warranty. Would I EDC one? Not a chance, but they have their place.

6. sheepdip

sheepdip Redland Well-Known Member

dont know much about the high point, bought a jennings for about the same $ what a p.o.s.!

7. belcher

it sounds like i might just buy 2 lol, i looked that forum up and wow 1 guy sed you can get 5 extra mags for $50, and the warranty is good. ya iv made up my mind.

8. belcher

hmm, iv heard nothing good about jennings. sorry for your luck, maybe try a hi point. buying one for the truck, and one to beat the hell out of.

9. lazerblazer

lazerblazer Portland Active Member

I have a C9 that i have been thrilled with. The only issue I had were in the very begining, but was due to the magazine lips being too tight to properly feed rounds. After new magazines it has run wonderfully, no FTF or FTE. Have put a little over 1000 rounds down range and it has been a great accurate shooter for under $200.

10. Mephistopheles

Back when I was broke all of the time I had a Jennings. Like the HiPoint if you do some tweeks to it is far more reliable. Polishing the feed ramp, smoothing the sliding surfaces and adjusting and smoothing the mag does a lot towards reliability. Not completely reliable, just better. I never carried a round in the chamber. To scary. It was better then nothing and if it didn't work I could always throw it at the bad guy. Now I'm only broke some of the time.