JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
OK, I have read different thing on the net about these guns, I have few a listed for sale on other sites.

I am considering buying something like this or of this nature to have around to toss lead down range if need be and was wandering if anyone has had any first hand experience with them.

One reason I am considering these is for ammo commonality.

I own the 995, the old model. Out of the box, it's uglier than yer mother in law's bubblegum. I put a ATI stock on it, now just a little ugly.

Honest assessments based on my first hand experience:
-Accurate out to 75 yards with 115gr ammo, not much beyond that.
-Charging handle needs improvement, pinches my hand every time unless I wear gloves
-Mag release is too awkward to release with my right hand (but I have medium small hands)
-Only 10 rounds in the factory mags stinks, but the 15 round promag after market mags stink on ice.
-Dissassembly (if you want to bother with it) is a bubblegum

In retrospect, I wish I had saved up for the Beretta 9mm carbine, or a used Marlin Camp carbine, or a Keltec carbine

look for a good deal on a beretta cx4 storm and you will be happy i paid $520 for mine and it came with a red dot and ammo.hi point is ok my uncle has one .i dont trust my life to just any guns. im a gun snob.

I have the 995 (9mm) myself and although its a little ugly I like the feel if it. I put the beretta storm style stock on mine and I really like it. Accurate, mines been really reliable and cheap to shoot! Would I trust my life to it? I dont know if I would, but so far it has gone bang every time. (I have much better options for personal defense) It sure is a lot of fun if you're just looking for a bigger bang than 22 and want some pretty cheap range time though! If you can try out the 45 I think it would be a blast too, especially if its as reliable as mine has been. Would be a potent man stopper if need be,but alot more expensive to shoot. Never tried the storm, but depending on your other guns I believe there is a (Kel-tec maybe?)

I tried to force myself into the 4595 to make a suppressed long gun, but I couldn't get past the sheer fugliness of it. If I'm only going to get one .45 carbine, it's going to be one I that can shoot in public without a bag over my head.

I tried to force myself into the 4595 to make a suppressed long gun, but I couldn't get past the sheer fugliness of it. If I'm only going to get one .45 carbine, it's going to be one I that can shoot in public without a bag over my head.
:s0140::s0140:

Chemist, that isn't fair and you know it. Why should you look better than the gun.

Neither, get a carbine in a rifle caliber.

I have a couple of rifle carbines already.

I saw a couple of the above at low prices and was considering picking them up to have around for a just incase, to put more lead down range at close quarters if need be, kinda like spraying and praying, or suppressive fire, if needed and 9mm or 45 ammo is a lot cheaper the rifle ammo and takes up less room.

I have a 45 and love it ! If you ever saw my ex girlfriends you would understand my interest in these guns. I pay as little as possible for slinging lead and these things fit that order.If I had to wait for a beautiful gun to come along at a cheap price I would go without shooting too. I never went without a girl OR a gun!! These guns work well in both calibers as do the pistols of which I own 4.

Well I never owned hi point but have gotten the goods and bads, if I am not mistaken the only bad I have gotten is it is oogely, and not the best around.

I see that i can get a brand new SUB2000 at Buds for around $300.00 when they become available again. Discount Guns for Sale - Buds Gun Shop and there are a couple of SUB2000's not to for sale, I think I will wait and buy one of those if the price is reasonable.

I have a few Kel-Tec's and I they have treated me well.

I guess the question now is what mag Kel-tec, Baretta, S&W or Sig sauer

i own the hi-point 995 & 4595--any of these pistol cart. rifles are only ment for 75 yrds. tops ! when i set mine up on bench type setting for 75 yrds. it was still very close at 50 . personally i feel that all these 16" rifles are ugly ! you can dress up some a little, but this was not my point when i purchased them . i just wanted something different . org. i picked up the 995 in 05, then the 45 a couple yrs. later . funnist little guns i own !! if i can keep enough ammo for them.... the problem with some of the other "sbr" is the warranty . all the rest are warrantied to org. owner only ! the hi-points are lifetime for whoever owns the gun, they at hi-point don't give a rats butt, you could be the tenth owner .... no difference !! now, you ask why would i buy a gun that has to come with that kind of warranty, when they shouldn't have to be sent back to fact. for anything ! the guns are both used for trk. guns, and live in the country . there always seems to be something to shoot at (yotes, rats, and moles) i'v only had a couple of "ftf" in over a 1000 rnds. in each gun.......i own up to this as operator error, due to cleaning . you can "BUBBA" these out all you want to, but you still only have a long barrel pistol that has no "POOP" to it after 100 yds.
check out hi-point forums at <broken link removed>

my opinion only.........steven

my dad used to have a 995 old style, never had a problem. easy to field strip though....just take the receiver cover off and remove the spring clip on the bottom where the SN is, then clean it. not much there; I myself prefer the "ugly" monkey stock of the old style 995 and 4095, to the TS beast available now....found out the 40 mag shares the body width of 45 magazine, with different feedlips, so that means if i get a 4595, I would trade the TS stock for the 4095 classic stock, just because i like the ergonomics of the old style stock to the TS stock (have handled the TS series, I HATE the way they feel) and I've a fabrication project in mind and on paper to give the old style stock a full length top rail and fill in the space between front sight and receiver top without it looking.....bad. :) eh some people think the AUG and the Vector 2000 are ugly...other thinks the Saigas are ugly before conversion....and so on; can't really beat the lifetime warranty on these things; same for the pistols (which I have a 45 pistol already, and love it)

I own a 995 ts I bought a few months ago, love it, no problems after 1000 rouds thru it. it's fun and cheap to shoot, I would buy another, it's not meant to be accurate outside of 100 yards, it's not a 5.56 or 7.62 it's a pistol round, and for the price, well you can't beat that.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top