JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm and old retired guy who got involved with guns when my condo was burglarized 2 weeks after moving in. That was 1987. I sold the 92FS I bought for home defense shortly after the burglary, 3 years ago. Well I was burglarized again about a year after I sold my Beretta. Realizing I had nothing more then a night table lamp to defend my household, I purchased another Beretta, PX4 Storm. My wife got interested so we found "her" a gun she was comfortable with, a Sig P238. I got my concealed carry for WA, and purchased a Sig P290. So our household is now well protected. It didn't stop there. I've always been interested in the M16/AR15. I picked up a Ruger SR556 a few weeks ago, I'm hooked! This rifle is a gas ( pardon the pun....well maybe not). Went out to Larch Mtn Saturday and put a few rounds through it, and yes we policed the area after we were finished. Can't wait to do it again!

Welcome! This is a great site, great folks with a wealth of information!!

I'm new to guns, so please take anything I write on here with a very large grain of salt...

If you all find that you might enjoy traveling around other PNW states, look into getting the Utah concealed permit. I honestly don't know if Washington folks can or can't get it (or even need to) but Oregon folks can get it (and need to). By doing so it adds a whole bunch of states you & the wife might be able to carry in.

I bought a Ruger SR556 (the takedown version) a bit ago. I've only had it out once to see how it cycles. That rifle is fine piece of machinery! Matter of fact, I just had the .300 BLK barrel delivered today...it'll be a few weeks yet before I'll have the time to site it in. Boo!

Keep your eye on the outdoors shooting area section here, folks on here put together a lot of cleanup events both in Washington & in Oregon. I have yet to get to one due to scheduling conflicts, but they seem like a great way to clean up & also meet great people.

Welcome Jon. Best wishes, Bob

Given past burglaries, the following site and its extensive links to other articles might give you some useful ideas on securing your home and valuable.
100 Money-Saving Ways to Protect Your Guns. Cheap gun safe alternatives and tips. - Gun Safe Reviews Guy (http://gunsafereviewsguy.com/articles/how-to-protect-your-guns/)

Great info there, thanks! I might have taken your suggestions earlier wnen I bought my job box.

Anyways to Jon, if you need a safe and have the space those job boxes are super super handy. Home Depot has a "Klein" brand one in most stores for $249. I was able to buy it & get it home pretty easy. Rented one of there trucks for $19, had 2 employees help me load it up into the truck. At home I was able to unload it myself & with a 2 wheeler get it into the house.

So $249 for the box, $20 for the rental truck (1hour), and $20 for the 2 locks. Really pleased with it -- no, it's not a gun safe. But it is very secure! My folks back East (South Carolina) are getting one too, theyre just having "discussions" about where it will go...I'll be a bit at more at ease when they get it, as they had a break in about 6 months ago while they were home asleep!

There alarm scared off the perp(s) before they could get much, but they did steal an iPad and we're going for the wall mounted TV. Sheriff response time was under 5min, and one perp was apprehended the following week fencing the iPad (& other area stolen property) - great follow up from one of the deputies who had initially responded to the call. Swung by the house to let my folks know.

That (or similar) job box I'd think would prove handy to delay criminals if the power goes out (no security system), to alert neighbors if my folks weren't home.

Welcome! This is a great site, great folks with a wealth of information!!

I'm new to guns, so please take anything I write on here with a very large grain of salt...

If you all find that you might enjoy traveling around other PNW states, look into getting the Utah concealed permit. I honestly don't know if Washington folks can or can't get it (or even need to) but Oregon folks can get it (and need to). By doing so it adds a whole bunch of states you & the wife might be able to carry in.

I bought a Ruger SR556 (the takedown version) a bit ago. I've only had it out once to see how it cycles. That rifle is fine piece of machinery! Matter of fact, I just had the .300 BLK barrel delivered today...it'll be a few weeks yet before I'll have the time to site it in. Boo!

Keep your eye on the outdoors shooting area section here, folks on here put together a lot of cleanup events both in Washington & in Oregon. I have yet to get to one due to scheduling conflicts, but they seem like a great way to clean up & also meet great people.
Welcome Jon. Best wishes, Bob

Given past burglaries, the following site and its extensive links to other articles might give you some useful ideas on securing your home and valuable.
100 Money-Saving Ways to Protect Your Guns. Cheap gun safe alternatives and tips. - Gun Safe Reviews Guy (http://gunsafereviewsguy.com/articles/how-to-protect-your-guns/)

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top