JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a colt match target competiton .223 with a 20" krieger barrel on a Alexander Arms billet receiver.

The buffer retainer pin somehow has been battering the front facing part of the retainer pin hole enough that the pin does not stay in place. It is pushed out on the first round fired.

Can this be repaired? Perhaps drilling an oversized hole in the lower and putting a sleeve in there to hold the pin?

I don't know how this happened except that I put a Tubb buffer and spring in and it happened sometime after. It may have been ready to pop before I bought it. The guy says he only fired it 62 times. I have his notes and that pretty much tells the story. I know him very well and I trust him.

Thanks for any help.

Roy

I have a colt match target competiton .223 with a 20" krieger barrel on a Alexander Arms billet receiver.

The buffer retainer pin somehow has been battering the front facing part of the retainer pin hole enough that the pin does not stay in place. It is pushed out on the first round fired.

Can this be repaired? Perhaps drilling an oversized hole in the lower and putting a sleeve in there to hold the pin?

I don't know how this happened except that I put a Tubb buffer and spring in and it happened sometime after. It may have been ready to pop before I bought it. The guy says he only fired it 62 times. I have his notes and that pretty much tells the story. I know him very well and I trust him.

Thanks for any help.

Roy

Roy, was anything else changed like the receiver extension(buffer tube)"?

Pics and further description would help greatly.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top