JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
the first step to solving your problem is admitting you have one.

Ok what the heck Hi guys .

I got my first rifle at 14 for my birthday a mossberg 7mm magnum and a box of shells i kept in my closet kind of unheard of now a days but back then the most violent video game was a pac man chasing ghost and a space ship shooting asteroids . and Tip O Gore was screaming "burn the building, burn the building" trying to censor def leppard's pyromania Imagine that, it was considered a violent album. On the TV the good guys were still the good guys and the bad guys always lost.

I really didn't like guns much at that time and only hunted cause it was a family event and it was good father son time. But i was more interested in Girls and playing that electric twanger (guitar) Yeh i know when my dad was that age he carried a M16 no actually he carried a M14 . actually i was still younger than that. but later a buddy of mine suggested i get a SKS cause they were cheap to shoot yeh thats right cheap to shoot $69 for 1000 rds of 7.62x39 at the gun store none the less. i am sure even less at the gun shows. i picked up a unfired Russian Sks with bayonet in box for $129 (you could get them for as low as $49 at gun shows) no back ground checks back then just filled out a pc of paper. I wanted to put one of those folding stocks and detachable mags on it and found out it was a big no no due to the laws.

I ended up Getting a Daewoo Dr200 talk about a nice rifle but the laws were so hard to understand back then that even the guys who are paid to enforce did not fully understand it so i never got a clear answer I studied the law and I knew it quite well but since they didn't i decided to sale it and buy American and got my first AR15 this was back in 98 a couple years before the whole Y2K deal but i got a nice Preban Colt Sporter 2 carbine from the gun show for $900 yes boys and girls there was a ban on them at the time. and thats where it all started. I got BRF ( black rifle fever ) and cash and carry No measure 5 back then so gun shows were exciting . Private parties selling dads estate collections of guns for more than the dealers would pay but a lot less than what the dealers would sale them for. That colt i got dealers were asking $1900 for them at that time i walked out with it for $900 or and did i tell you i got the daewoo for $450 with 12 preban mags when i got it the year before that. Yes certain dealers were very happy when measure 5 passed i could name one in particular but wont.

Had the Musket been designed with a pistol grip we would all be hunting with uh so called "assault" style rifles. So i call it what it is a "sporting rifle" that happens to be black.

So Bill, how many rifles does it take to support that fever? lol I have the same fever but it extends to other types and manufacturers. Pretty much anything that goes bang!

lol More than i can afford. and yes any thing that goes bang especially AR AK and Hk Type rifles . sometimes i buy something that i can't really afford to own just to have it for a while to say i owned one once just to satisfy that fix . Love to tear them apart them build them. and since i am limited on space and moolah i have to help others and live vicariously through them so i am usually found in the trouble shooting sections trying to figure out other peoples gun problems

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top