JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Welcome.

I moved back to Washington from Colorado Springs in 1974. Still have two brothers in the Denver area [actually Parker and Golden]. When I get tired of the rain, I remind myself that it doesn't require shoveling.;)

Welcome.

I moved back to Washington from Colorado Springs in 1974. Still have two brothers in the Denver area [actually Parker and Golden]. When I get tired of the rain, I remind myself that it doesn't require shoveling.;)

I love Denver and have little bad to say about it, but I sure won't miss the snow. Especially don't miss scraping thick ice off the windshield in the morning before work. Driving miles before the heater finally gets warmed up enough to feel your hands again.

I'll take this soggy stuff any day.

Welcome. Tillimook ought to keep you soggy and unfrozen most of the year. :D
I would look up the Trask River. That direction will get you up into the State forest. I haven't been back in there for years but there should be some good spots to play.

You are blessed to be living near Garibaldi. Get out and explore!

Do not waste the opportunity that most folks can only dream about.

And get active. Help me vote the bums out of Salem.:mad:

Last Edited:
Welcome to the Oregon coast. Tillamook bay crabbing, clamming and Chinook salmon. A little different than Denver.
Good luck have fun exploring Oregon.
1579415242761.png

I love Denver and have little bad to say about it, but I sure won't miss the snow. Especially don't miss scraping thick ice off the windshield in the morning before work. Driving miles before the heater finally gets warmed up enough to feel your hands again.

I'll take this soggy stuff any day.

I lived in Parker. I don't miss those cold mornings scraping and shoveling just to get my truck out of the driveway.

Welcome!

Welcome indeed. We like Tillamook County. We are very fond of Garibaldi, mainly because of the Oregon Coast Scenic Railroad that is based there, but for some unknown reason, we find ourselves drawn to Wheeler, home of the, uh, uh, dunno, really. I guess it reminds us of the fictitious township of Mink River in Brian Doyle's hauntingly mesmerising book of the same name. So far I've bought ten copies to give to friends - funny to think that I still have three left [note to self - find three more friends]. I've kept the one he signed for my in Powell's bookstore in PDX.

I can guarantee that when you meet Moses, you'll never look a a crow the same way again.

Welcome indeed. We like Tillamook County. We are very fond of Garibaldi, mainly because of the Oregon Coast Scenic Railroad that is based there, but for some unknown reason, we find ourselves drawn to Wheeler, home of the, uh, uh, dunno, really. I guess it reminds us of the fictitious township of Mink River in Brian Doyle's hauntingly mesmerising book of the same name. So far I've bought ten copies to give to friends - funny to think that I still have three left [note to self - find three more friends]. I've kept the one he signed for my in Powell's bookstore in PDX.

I can guarantee that when you meet Moses, you'll never look a a crow the same way again.

Thank you! My mom actually has that book and I've been meaning to borrow it. I'll make sure to check it out

Good luck and best wishes in your new surroundings!:) Denver-metro area sux in more ways than weather- I live in a conservative enclave in southern Colorado, where it rarely snows and it never lasts for long! Colorado going all "blue-state" has me thinking about moving out but cannot decide where would be any better. The Old Woman wants to move back to her native Florida to be around her kids and grands.. in some ways Fla has some "draw" but the heat & humidity would :eek:kill me off... Again, best wishes!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top