JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My love affair with Winchesters started with a very old lady whose house I was working on handing me a cigar box full of old ammo cartridges.
I pawed through them and found a partial box of 44/40 shells.
I asked her what those went to, as I had never seen any before. She replied that those particular ones might fit the old rifle under her bed, and if I cared to look, I was welcome to keep anything I found.
To my utter amazement, there was a beautiful old 1873 Winchester lever action rifle with an octagon barrel. (1902)
It was all dusty, but other then a little pitting just inside the barrel (her father had stuffed a cotton ball down the end of the barrel) it was in really great shape for it's age.
I took it to a local gunsmith and he pointed out that it was also a take down model.

Years later, I was working a house in Portland blowing cellulose insulation into wall cavities from holes drilled through the old siding and the homeowner comes running outside and yells at me to stop the machine.
Come to find out, there was a secrete compartment built into the T&G pine paneling in the party room downstairs.
The high pressure of the blower managed to popped open the door and I was filling up the room with insulation.
After helping to cleanup the mess, the homeowner reaches into the wall and pulls out a near mint 1936 model 94 30/30 (with a side mounted scope) and says "Do you want this", "You bet I do and thanks a lot".
One of my favorite Winchesters.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads