JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
A really cool friend pointed me at this forum, so here's my intro --

40-something highly-caffeinated chick who has a fondness for: wheelguns, critters of all sorts (my household has 5 cats, 4 snakes, a lizard, & a bunny -- and someday we'll have goats & chickens), yarn, well-disciplined kids, tattoos, military veterans (I live with 2 -- my husband, and my best friend), politically-incorrect humor, great conversation, good scifi books and bad scifi movies. Not necessarily in that order. :)

Welcome. Scifi eh? I just started reading Dean Koontz's "False Memory". One of my favorite authors.

I didn't realize Dean Koontz wrote scifi; I thought he wrote "contemporary fiction thrillers" (but I like those too, especially stuff by Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child). Mostly I read David Weber, Spider Robinson, Orson Scott Card, Douglas Adams, Robert Heinlein, Michael Crichton, Marion Zimmer Bradley, S. M. Stirling, H. Beam Piper, Dean Ing, Eric Flint, Jacqueline Lichtenberg, Jean Lorrah, Jim Butcher, and a whole bunch of authors who mainly write horror with a fantasy/scifi bent to it.

I thought I'd hate military scifi until I started reading it a couple years ago; now I love it! And I should never be allowed to go into Powell's unsupervised. :)

Most of Koontz's books would probably be termed "contemporary fiction thrillers", but some of them straddle the line with SciFi (Midnight comes to mind). Michael Chrichton is my all time favorite author. I just started rereading Prey.

What kind of wheelguns you got?

Welcome to here.

Does "bad scifi movies" mean stuff like Megashark vs Giant Octopus or more along the lines of Battlefield Earth or Plan 9 From Outer Space?

I'm not big on the really bad scifi movies (Megashark vs Giant Octopus type) but my husband loves them so I tolerate them (ditto for really bad horror movies). I like bad scifi movies with half-decent plots that mainly suffer from rotten acting (Red Planet type), or actors I like in awful plots (Armageddon or The Fifth Element type), or from-a-series-I-liked-that's-now-run-into-the-ground (most of the Star Trek movies).

I have not seen Battlefield Earth and I'm kind of afraid to, if it's as bad as I've heard. :)

Good to have you join us. How do you like the site so far? If you have some free time why not stop by the chat box some time... <broken link removed>

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top