JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Welcome Aboard. Glad you found the forum.

I have the P365XL in rotation, as well as Glock 19, and PSA Dagger with a custom Glock 19 slide.

This is the best place to hang out on the internet.

Check out the organized clean ups. It's the best way to meet the community and learn where and how to use public lands responsibly.

We are doing non ODF supported cleanups at public forests - check the North Fork Wolf Creek Road thread in resources.

If you really want to get involved in community action check out Trash No Land.

Cant go wrong the the P365 or the Glock. Personally I'd shy away from the dagger.

Greetings program!

tron-1982-4.jpg

Not familiar firsthand with Sig's, so no opinion on them.

Barely familiar with Glocks firsthand (never owned any, however have a few 10mm inbound this week).

We do now own "a bunch" of regular PSA Daggers a few months now. Can recommend them, having run them a bit. Excellent value, reliable, cruddy trigger. But I didn't bother installing the aftermarket triggers I bought for them. May, may not. They shoot fine.

Be mindful that holster availability for the Dagger is not too great yet. For carry, you would likely be best served going with a custom formed kydex from a local holster maker. Someone like https://m.facebook.com/procrafttactical/ as an example.

-Also, & VERY IMPORTANT, familiarize yourself with measure 114 on the upcoming ballot (if you haven't allready). Inform family, friends & acquaintances.

You *may* want to up your purchase timeline...

Greetings program!

View attachment 1295054

Not familiar firsthand with Sig's, so no opinion on them.

Barely familiar with Glocks firsthand (never owned any, however have a few 10mm inbound this week).

We do now own "a bunch" of regular PSA Daggers a few months now. Can recommend them, having run them a bit. Excellent value, reliable, cruddy trigger. But I didn't bother installing the aftermarket triggers I bought for them. May, may not. They shoot fine.

Be mindful that holster availability for the Dagger is not too great yet. For carry, you would likely be best served going with a custom formed kydex from a local holster maker. Someone like https://m.facebook.com/procrafttactical/ as an example.

-Also, & VERY IMPORTANT, familiarize yourself with measure 114 on the upcoming ballot (if you haven't allready). Inform family, friends & acquaintances.

You *may* want to up your purchase timeline...
That is my plan re: m114. I was going to wait for some sales for Thanksgiving etc, but if it passes, it will be too late. Hope not.

First time soon to be gun buyer here. Been looking at 2 guns - one for conceal carry (most likely Sig P365) and a G17/G19/P320 size one Enablefor home safe. Also looking at the PSA dagger and PSA Dagger S (Full Size).
Welcome to it buddy, it is a slippery slope.
Soon you will want an
AR
22 for cheap target practice
gotta have a shot gun
revolver? yep
Lever gun? no question
a few vintage items
on and on and on.

It is fun though.

Welcome aboard.

And i will be the first to recommend CZ P-07 or 10c, if your choices prove less than stellar. Thay are too oft overlooked for unknkown reasons.

Welcome! The Sig and the Glocks are solid choices. I'd recommend going to a range that has those models for rent, and maybe some others. See what fits, if you naturally find the controls, and what you shoot well. You might be surprised.

At a minimum, at least handle a given model at a shop before you decide.

When comparing decent quality handguns made in the last two decades, features and specs don't matter as much as you might think. If you like the gun, you'll get comfortable with it sooner, and practice with it more.

Glocks are great for tinkering. You kind of have to upgrade them as they have not-great triggers and are generally boring when stock. However, they have the greatest variety of available upgrades and options to customize them, and you can do one change at a time.

I've never owned a p365, but they are immensely popular for a reason. A LEO relative with larger hands, who can't stand most "little" carry guns, loves his.

I can second Trevi's CZ recommendation. High quality and fit well for me. That said, the internal slide rails, which are an awesome feature, have the drawback of making the slide harder to work for some. (There's less external surface to grab onto.)

Hope you find your favorites and have fun. J

Welcome to the forum. I have a G19 and a Dagger. Both have been solid. My neighbor bought a Dagger same time as me and he had to send it back for repair. That said, it runs like a champ now. I have no experience with the SIG, but there are a ton of them around so they must be doing something right. Good luck with your choice.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top