Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Hi from VanWa!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Bones13, Mar 12, 2013.

1. Bones13

Bones13 Vancouver Wa Member

I never know what to say in these intro posts! Well my husband and I finally decided it was time to introduce larger caliber guns into our family. We were both raised around guns and used them frequently but after we got married it just was never in the budget. Well, 15 years later, they are finally in the budget! I applied for my CPL yesterday and we are testing some hand guns this weekend to finally narrow down which ones to start with. I'm glad I stumbled across this site, it's exactly what I've been looking for!

2. spookshack

spookshack Forest Grove, OR Life Member Lifetime Supporter 2016 Volunteer

Welcome to the forum and good luck in your handgun quest. :)

bbowl and (deleted member) like this.
  3. Spray-n-pray

Spray-n-pray Battle Ground Moderator Staff Member

There are quite a few folks here from Vancouver. Glad to have you.

4. LiaB

LiaB Vancouver, WA Member

Hi Bones13, welcome! When you get your CPL you'll want to protect it in plastic somehow, because it's just a flimsy piece of paper. Head on over the Ladies Only section of this site and we can help answer any female specific questions. Most of the guys in the main forum are super supportive of women in firearms but they don't necessarily have an opinion on say, the FlashBang holster that is secured to your bra.

5. Silver Fox

Silver Fox Puyallup, WA Well-Known Member

Nope. No flash bang opinion here.

My CPL came laminated from pierce county maybe it's an option in Clark?

Welcome aboard.

SF-

6. LiaB

LiaB Vancouver, WA Member

SilverFox, I wasn't given that option, that's why I suggest the plastic.

7. Blackcobra

Blackcobra Camas Platinum Supporter Platinum Supporter

Laminate it immediately! Mine is TORN up. When I got mine some time ago, they told me I couldn't laminate it. However, I'm certain their stance has changed on that - someone told me that they had it done right at the Sheriff dept.

8. PMB

PMB Vancouver, Washington Active Member

Welcome Bones, from another VanWA couple.
    We made copies of our CPLs, and laminated the one we carry.
    Good luck in finding the right piece to carry, and practice often!

9. Bones13

Thanks for the warm welcome! I have a laminator so I will do that first thing! If it was an option in Clark they didn't mention it and I didn't see it anywhere on the CCSO website. Though they did have the application which was nice as I wasn't to excited about hanging out there to fill it out!

Hi Lia! I saw that section and looked everywhere for the "contact us" link at the bottom but can't find it! So as soon as I do I'll request access! And I won't lie, the girly side of me is enjoying looking for "accessories".

10. Bones13

I kid you not, about 1 1/2 minutes after I posted this....I found it. Murphy's Law!