JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
New to your community and lookin' forward to discussions with those closer to home. I am an avid shooter and wanna be collector as space and funds allow. Member and former officer of a local gun club (Douglas Ridge Rifle Club). I shoot IPSC as my primary discipline and my wife loves CMP and the M1 Garand. We both do both IPSC and CMP and enjoy it together. We are both the Directors for the CMP discipline at our club.

I have a real liking for older military rifles and pistols (WWII and before) and seem to like and collect funky and cool older .22 rifles (J.C. Higgins, Winchesters, Western Field, Savage, Remington, etc). Favorites are 1911 and M1 Garand.

Just starting into the black powder cartridge models with my first being a Springfield 1873 Trapdoor 45-70 (mfg 1874) and looking at a Remington 1877 Rolling Block in Spanish 43 caliber. Will see on that one at the next gun show. Still need to learn to cast and load for black powder on the trapdoor.

Thanks the basics.

Charlie

Welcome to the forum from teh gehtoe... eerrr Salem.

I know where Rockwood is, used to get together with friends who lived there when I was going to MHCC.

In a different (skinnier youthful) life I tried high power. Never really enjoyed it, but have found I really like the different run-n-gun sports. Little sister took on high power and has loved it, been back to Perry a few times.

Do you ever get out to Tri-County? I've not shot USPSA there, but do partake in an occasional Speed Steel match.

Huey or Cobra?

Last edited by a moderator:
I prefer the run and gun myself and my wife really likes the CMP high power and is good at it. I have only beat her in a match once in 5 years. She is always in the top 3 at our club CMP matches. Now I run the mathces and she shoots them. I used to shoot action pistol, speed steel, and 3 gun but prefer USPSA. Never shot one at Tri-County as they are on Sunday and Sunday is church day for us. Haven't done enough of any kind of shooting lately, work is too busy and seem to spend more time running things at the club instead of shooting.

ch139,

Okay now it makes sense. The name does refer to the WWII fighter the P51D Mustang. Before I got into shooting I was into WWII aircraft and the Mustang is my favorite of all prop planes. I was not in the military and too young to have been in WWII but love the planes of that era and even got a ride in a Mustang. I am not a pilot but not for lack of trying but for lack of $. Shooting is a lot more affordable. I think the same reasons for my interest in WWII aircarft have carried over into my interest in firearms of the same ear.

I see (said the blind man as he picked up the hammer and saw).

I was reading (waaayyyy too far into it)... Mustang being an enlisted Marine who becomes an officer (always cool to see and officer with a (good cookie) Good Conduct ribbon) and 7513 being MOS for a pilot (helicopter).

So, now you really got my curiosity up, what does your screen name refer to?

ch139,

The Mustang does refer to the WWII fighter and the 7513 is simply the numeric equivalent of P51D on a standard phone keypad. When I first start creating a user name for email and other accounts I wanted mustangp51d but it was taken so I opted for the 7513 on the end and I use that user name for all online business as it is easy to remember one user name than many. No big mystery, just like the plane and wanted it in my user names. Most assume the car or horse.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top