JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi everyone,

I'm fairly new to this forum and just realized I never did a new member intro.

My background in enjoying firearms dates back to around 1980 when my brother took me to K-Mart to buy me a .410 shotgun so I could go hunting in my back yard (we had 4 acres against hundreds of acres of woods - but no Winnie the Pooh). I purchased my first rifle at age 13 in 1983, a Ruger 10/22 for $84 at Oshman's Sporting Goods in Algiers, LA - a wonderful day I'll never forget.

My 10/22 has seen countless thousands of rounds go through it and until last month, I'd only cleaned the barrel - never the receiver, yet it ran like a swiss watch. After buying a TacSol X-Ring Takedown VR for my son to use in SASP shooting, I decided to dust the old Ruger off and have fallen in love with it all over again. I've started to benchrest it out at Renton and am enjoying some sweet groups with this old rifle (now free floating n Archangel Precision stock with a new BX trigger).Here's a target from last week using RWS R50 at 50 yards with 10 rounds in the top left to season the barrel (I was ammo testing lots of different ammo) and the 10 that count in the center. I was going for groups, not bullseye so being a little low is just the variance from the ammo I used for zeroing it.

R50531.jpg

Not bad for a rifle that's about 38 years old!

I also enjoy 9mm pistols from Beretta, Canik, CZ, & Sig Sauer; a sweet modern sporting rifle from Daniel Defense, a stock Ruger American Predator 6.5 Creedmoor that shoots sub MOA at 400 yards in my hands (the farthest I've gone), a 38 Special revolver; CZ & Winchester shotguns; a 1984 Marlin 30-30 lever action, and a Smith & Wesson SW22 Victory that I absolutely love. So simply put, I've got all the major categories covered except for muzzle loader (but I know how to shoot them).

I'm also a NRA Certified Range Safety Officer, I recently completed Hunter-ed.com to get my hunters safety card for the 5th time in my life, even though I wasn't required to do so - just for the fun of it after seeing my 11 year old do it.

I did skeet shooting and 12 gauge shot shell reloading in college one semester, and enjoyed it, but I've never got into reloading. The current primer shortage hasn't encouraged me to take it up now either, but I do shoot a lot of 9mm reloads done by my FFL who is legally allowed to sell ammo. I've also shot lots of reloads from my brother.

I go out to Renton Fish & Game twice a week on average with occasional visits to ranges in Issaquah and Snoqualmie as well. I prefer outdoor ranges so I have never gone to an indoor range and don't have much interest in it (beyond the benefit that you can rent / try guns you don't own).

I'd consider myself a below average marksman based on how great everyone portrays themselves to be in online forums, so I average about 65 live rounds and ~50 - 100 dry fire rounds using G-Sight ELMS &/or MantisX per day trying to get myself 5% as good as most claim to be online. I also enjoy the MantisX Blackbeard for Modern Sporting Rifle laser dry fire fun.

And if you hadn't figured it out yet, I'm not a far left liberal or a big fan of what's happened in Seattle & Portland.

I'm here to meet friends who can help me accomplish my goal of taking my son on his first hunt with the TacSol 22LR (he's successfully shot pheasant with the CZ 20 gauge) and to learn more about places where I can shoot at distances greater than 200 yards as well as on public lands.

My name is Ron and I am an firearms-alcoholic. It's been 0 days since my last firearms purchase, but I swear this is the last one. Really. Honestly.

P.S. If anyone wants to talk about the Sako Quad, CZ Varmint MTR, Tikka Tx1, Walther Q5 Match SF Pro, Henry Varmint Express, Ruger Mark IV Target, Stacatto C2, DD Delta 5 Pro, Sig Sauer P226 Legion SAO, S&W 686, Sig Sauer P210 Target, Atlas Athena V2, Sig Sauer P226 Nightmare, Beretta 1301 Comp Pro, or Colt Python I'm all ears. If you are selling one, I'm even more all ears.

But I swear, I'm not buying any more firearms.

This month.

Welcome Aboard. Glad you found the forum. Very nice intro.

This is the best place to hang out on the internet.

Once we're able to start using the public lands again, check out the organized clean ups. It's the best way to meet the community and learn where and how to use public lands responsibly.

Until then check out Trash No Land.

Welcome Aboard. Glad you found the forum. Very nice intro.

This is the best place to hang out on the internet.

Once we're able to start using the public lands again, check out the organized clean ups. It's the best way to meet the community and learn where and how to use public lands responsibly.

Until then check out Trash No Land.

I'm a fan on Facebook which seems to have started up about a day after my post on WaGuns.org about places to shoot.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top