JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
New shooter currently in Hillsboro, Oregon, but maybe moving closer to the Portland area in the next few months. I recently moved from New York City, where all things gun-related is surrounded by a huge murky cloud of fear and misinformation. After learning how to handle a gun a few weeks ago and spending time working on technique, I'm really enjoying this new hobby.

Mostly interested in pistols right now and still honing the basics. If anyone can share a good indoor range in Portland, that would be greatly appreciated for my potential move!

And if anyone is planning on visiting NYC, let me know and I can provide a few tips!

Welcome from Beaverton. Glad you escaped NY. Try not to get to close to Portlandia. Go get your carry permit. It's easy in Washington county. Everything you need to know is on the sheriffs website.

Hello fman. Welcome from the gun-totin' old broad contingent. And congratulations on your escape from NYC, and on your wasting no time learning to exercise your rights as an Oregonian and developing a fun new hobby. You can take a course that meets the requirements to get your Oregon Concealed Handgun License as part of your learning. After that, it's easy to get your CHL.

Welcome to a slightly free-er state! Just kidding, New York make Oregon look like Texas.

Hello from the North Coast! You have an outdoor range to shoot at approximately an hour west on highway 26, depending where in Hillsboro you live. It is Wolf Creek... search on this site.

If anyone can share a good indoor range in Portland...

I've been to most of the ranges within ~50 miles of me. Of them all, I like Threat Dynamics best for an indoor range.

For outdoor ranges, I like Tri-County Gun Club.

Of them all, I'd avoid BeaverCreek Armory like the plague.

Good luck in your pursuits and welcome to Oregon!
oregon-smallbore-and-air-rifle-logo.gif

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads