JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey, All!!!

Thought I'd create an "introductory thread", and say "Hi!" to you folks here. I've been "lurking" for awhile, after a friend told me of this website/forum/message board. Seems to be a gathering of some really good folks.

I hope to be able to help somewhat. I shot and ran the Action Pistol matches at Douglas Ridge Rifle Club for many years, as well as the Speed Steel Plate matches and the old IDPA-style Defensive Handgun Skills matches. I used to spend a lot of quality time with my Dillon XL650 press and a slightly modded Kimber Custom Classic 1911.

I quit shooting those events after a long while (mid-to-late 90s, I think......), to go back to dirt bike racing, something I'd done most of my life since 1970. I was probably a better throttle-twister than trigger-presser, anyway....... I do still have a Trials motorcycle now, and enjoy short rides (just to work up a sweat) on my little coupla acres. It's a slow, technical type of riding that agrees more with my old dull reflexes. And the bike is really lightweight, something I appreciate when I have to pick it up after a crash........

Now, with retirement and a slightly beat up body, I've been doing a bit more shooting lately, as ammo supplies allow. It's nice that Mrs. Neutron likes to shoot her .22 (a Ruger 22/45), so we get to do that together. She likes clanging those little Prairie Dog Poppers we got at BiMart.

I also like to assemble (and try to play) Fender-style solid body electric guitars. I was a machinist for over 30 yrs., and have slowly gotten to learn about and enjoy working with woods.

At any rate, I hope to be somewhat helpful contributing member here.

Jimmie

Welcome! I messed around with bass guitars and a few other areas of music for a lot of years, too. Never built a guitar from scratch, but I did fix and upgrade quite a few of them. Definitely some interesting people to talk with in this lot!

Welcome to the club Jimmie!

I used to race motocross, down in the Corona/Riverside area back in the 80's, but I got so beat up and broke so many bikes that neither my body nor my wallet could afford to do that anymore. I built a Carven guitar from a kit a few years ago and make noise with it, albeit not very good noise.... At least that's what my wife's facial contortions lead me to believe.

At any rate, glad you're here and look forward to your input on the world problems that get solved here on the forum.

Thanks, Folks!

Johnnymac,

I went down to (what I call) SoCal for a race once in the late 80s, and again a few years ago at Glen Helen as an Old Timer, and always got my bubblegum handed to me in a hand basket down there. The Pro riders down there just seemed so much faster than us "Local Yokels" around here (with exceptions for Rick Burgett and Chuck Sun). Some very good riders as well.

I also shot a Defensive Handgun-style match up at Marty Hayes' Firearms Academy of Seattle where I believe a lot of USPSA shooters showed up, and had an experience similar to my moto days. Those folks (gals and guys) were really good, and clobbered myself and some of my friends with me that day.

The faces you said your wife made cracked me up. A lot of great guitar players make some funny/scary/weird guitar faces when they play. When my wife makes those types of guitar faces just from listening, I know I need to turn the volume down, and spend more time practicing, hee hee......

Jimmie

Welcome from me - not far from Sandy, Bedfordshire, England.

1604087949509.png

Welcome Aboard. Glad you found the forum.

This is the best place to hang out on the internet.

Once we're able to start using the public lands again, check out the organized clean ups. It's the best way to meet the community and learn where and how to use public lands responsibly.

Until then check out Trash No Land.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top