JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
An anonymous e-mail on some random website? Ever thought, for a moment, that gun shops that want to get their sales up are the ones posting this stuff? I'm not saying that this isn't in the works...or that our czar of a "Democracy" isn't willing to do just what the e-mail suggests...but I'm just saying that maybe- just MAYBE that if people just stopped and took a second to think about the source of this information that MAYBE a lot of MISINFORMATION could be stopped?

I used to get a lot of e-mails from my wife's friends with all the latest internet stories going around...all of which are made up, non factual stories just circulating as chain mails on the internet. I'll never understand it as long as I live....people just hear what they want to hear, I guess. I, personally, called SGT David Nell of the LASD about an e-mail of the S&W M&P problems that they were having to confirm the problems reported, yet people still don't believe me and think that the S&W M&P is the latest and greatest (even after one of our own instructors had one blow up in his hand at the range).

So I guess the point of this post is that I think it is hypocritical to call non gun-totting liberals "sheeple" and then hop on a gun forum screaming about the next weapons ban, via "Executive Order" from an "Anonymous" poster.

[/rant]

You and the conspiracy theory websites again. You do understand that just because it's on the internet that doesn't make it true?

You're quoting a guy that believes the greatest threats to this earth are alien invasion and <broken link removed> .

Last edited by a moderator:
GREAT now not only do I have to be prepared and on the look out for zombies but now theyre going to be giant alien zombies and I'll be limited to 10 round mags too. I just cant catch a break.:s0092:

What caliber for Giant Alien Zombies?

Whichever caliber the manufacturers has the most stock in, that isn't selling well, and overtly expensive. I guess we better buy them before it's "banned". :s0112:

Here's what i noticed since i was a kid. Ammo and firearm prices goes up depending on the market. The market is based on speculation and/or fear. Either fear of guns or fear of loosing the right to own guns. Then things get quiet and nothing change. but the prices never goes down again. Something else happens and guess what prices are on the rise again without ever going back down. Things cost more to make so prices goes up.

Whichever caliber the manufacturers has the most stock in, that isn't selling well, and overtly expensive. I guess we better buy them before it's "banned". :s0112:

Here's what i noticed since i was a kid. Ammo and firearm prices goes up depending on the market. The market is based on speculation and/or fear. Either fear of guns or fear of loosing the right to own guns. Then things get quiet and nothing change. but the prices never goes down again. Something else happens and guess what prices are on the rise again without ever going back down. Things cost more to make so prices goes up.

Sounds a lot like what happens with gas prices too

An anonymous e-mail on some random website? Ever thought, for a moment, that gun shops that want to get their sales up are the ones posting this stuff? I'm not saying that this isn't in the works...or that our czar of a "Democracy" isn't willing to do just what the e-mail suggests...

You and the conspiracy theory websites again. You do understand that just because it's on the internet that doesn't make it true?

Both reasonable questions. My question to you is, where will you be when some of this conjecture turns out to actually happen? Will you then swallow your pride and admit you were wrong and turn on Obama? or will you join our resident Cricketeers that seem to be silent when the big O is shown to be antigun?

If it turns out to be true then I'll criticize the president for it. But he'll still have my vote because he's more in line with my political beliefs than any of the candidates on the right. But it doesn't even matter because right now the right doesn't have a single candidate capable to beating Obama. He's raised more than double of what all of the right's candidates have raised together. And it's the average Joe giving for this campaign.
"About 98 percent of the donors gave $250 or less. Messina said the average donation was about $69."

Btw, I find it amazing that you always back up Sasquatch when he posts from the conspiracy websites. Do you believe that stuff too?

If it turns out to be true then I'll criticize the president for it. But he'll still have my vote because he's more in line with my political beliefs than any of the candidates on the right. But it doesn't even matter because right now the right doesn't have a single candidate capable to beating Obama. He's raised more than double of what all of the right's candidates have raised together. And it's the average Joe giving for this campaign.
"About 98 percent of the donors gave $250 or less. Messina said the average donation was about $69."

Btw, I find it amazing that you always back up Sasquatch when he posts from the conspiracy websites. Do you believe that stuff too?

Good idea, vote for more debt and less freedom! Keep up the great work libtard!
What the Heck is wrong with you people??

Both reasonable questions. My question to you is, where will you be when some of this conjecture turns out to actually happen? Will you then swallow your pride and admit you were wrong and turn on Obama? or will you join our resident Cricketeers that seem to be silent when the big O is shown to be antigun?

I've swallowed my pride before...if it turns out to be true I'd do it again. I just don't like to fall in the "Groupthink" field, is all. Just because it is something I want to hear or want to believe (and vise versa) doesn't necessarily mean that it is tue or false. You have to question the source and ask what the true goal is from the person making this claim or posting this information. Do they intend to profit from it? Are they trying to inform us or are they trying to scare us? There is money to be had in scaring a population in drinking whatever cool aid you are serving. During the height of the recession, suddenly the Swine Flu was all the rave...people stopped flying to Mexico for vacation, bought masks and begged congress to pass universal heathcare reform. Coincidence? Operaion Fast and Furious kicks off, a BP agents gets gunned down and while us gun owners are screaming about "transparency" and holding Eric Holder accountable, the government is pushing for forced registration and more gun control- blaming Mexican violence on our gun laws rather than the very government that let them walk across the boarder (with no intent to arrest anyone).

Like those selling masks at the height of the swine flu "epidemic", I have to question the integrity of a random sight stating that Hi-Caps will dissapear or that a specific calliber will be regulated (so get it while it's hot!).

If I sold EMP shielded solar panels and regulators, would it not be in my best interest to post about the threats of an EMP (both nuclear and solar)? If I saw a spike in sales from political incidents, would I not highlight those incidents? Would I not send out chain e-mails about the nuclear capability and economic unstableness of North Korea and Iran? We all see these tactics, time and time again.

I am a prepper- but I don't like someone playing on my fears and suspicions to make a profit. That is all I am saying.

So what your saying is he plans on buying the presidency again. I find it funny that it is OK for him to do all his fundraising on the taxpayers dime as well with all the traveling paid for by everyone. Maybe if he spent as much energy on the issues at hand he wouldnt need to raise so much money to buy the votes.

Am I stupid enough to believe everything I read on the internet? Of course not. If you'll read my original post carefully, you'll see that I didn't necessarily endorse the statement, I just thought that it would be something that people like us might like a heads up for. Will such a thing happen - maybe, and maybe not - at least now you've been exposed to the idea and won't be as shocked as you might otherwise have been. As I said - there is absolutely nothing I would put past this administration if they thought they could get away with it.

While some things seem to me more likely than others, I can admit that more things are possible than just what fits comfortably into my view of the world.

Anything that doesn't fit into your view of the world is "conspiracy theory". If you can label me as some kind of nut-job, then you don't have to admit that such things may be possible. To me, it's no different than a child sticking his fingers in his ears while screaming "la-la-la-la-la".

I prefer my way of looking at the world - at least when something unexpected happens, I may have already considered the possibility, and will be able to adjust more quickly than one who refuses to admit that reality may be a bit different than they had previously considered.

If the world operates is anywhere near the way i believe it does, people like you are in for a very rude awakening one day soon.

When was the last time the government told you the absolute truth about anything?

The fact that I consider your president to be one of the most colossal liars who has ever lived has absolutely nothing to do with partisan politics or the color of his skin - I base my opinion solely on the shocking stack of lies he sits atop of. The fact tht anyone could even consider voting for such a man leaves me puzzled and a bit queasy.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top