JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I notice folks are down loading their AR mags, Something I never do, it holds 30, I rock 30, and never had any issues with reliability or feeding!
BTW, a loaded with M-193 30 round G.I. mag weighs exactly 1 Pound! A loaded M-80 20 round M1-A mag weighs the same! ;)

Steve at Cerberus Training was discussing this issue about loading a full 30 round magazine in the AR class I went too. After the discussion was over, I only load 25 rounds in a 30 round magazine myself.

Can you load a 30 round magazine on a closed bolt? I cannot on some my ARs but I load 25 rounds I can load on a closed bolt.

Last Edited:
No worries, I think I got my question answered well enough. Besides, I was helping the train derail anyway!:p

You can close thread if you like or let it run its course.:s0155:

I like to load all different weights and varying jackets etc randomly in my carry gun mags. I figure that if I ever need to use it, it will be a high stress situation and a little light hearted suspense will lighten the mood.

I like to load all different weights and varying jackets etc randomly in my carry gun mags. I figure that if I ever need to use it, it will be a high stress situation and a little light hearted suspense will lighten the mood.
Kind a like a box o'chocolates, ya neva know what ya goin git?!:s0140:

Throw in a snap cap or three. Keeps things interesting.

I found this loaded in one of my higher capacity mags that I hadn't used in a while!

dust-bunny[1].jpg

I always keep a round in the chamber but in case I don't get to the range and I clean my pistol i rechamber the same round a maximum of two times. After two times I pull a second round out and put twice rechambered as the second round instead. I use a notebook to keep track.

I go to the indoor shooting range a few times a month and always shoot my carry magazine at least and put a new fully loaded magazine in my pistol.

For my AR I never rechamber the same round. I put the round in my range bag and shoot all of rechambered rounds at the range. Since I don't keep a round chambered in my AR at home I don't have a lot of rechambered rounds to shoot. :D

Very wise idea. On a couple guns I tend to carry a lot and shoot little, like my sub compact 9mm which is a winter coat pocket carry I do this. Often clean it between range outings. I carry that Speer SBGDHP which is pricey ammo. So when I clean it I just toss the round that was in the chamber in a box marked "RANGE". So now and then when that box has enough in it to fill a mag I will shoot it up next session. Couple times in the past I loaded a mag for the range with these rounds staggered with the cheapo stuff just to check POI. At the kind of distance I shoot with this I could see no difference which made me comfortable not practicing with the same pricey stuff I carry. Damn stuff is close to a buck a round so not something I want to burn a lot up :eek:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top