Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Hi all!!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by drowdy, Apr 12, 2011.

1. drowdy

drowdy Vancouver, Washington New Member

Stumbled across this forum looking up information about Ruger 44 mags. Think I want the Ruger Super Blackhawk 44 magnum. Anyone know of any threads on here I should read first?

2. sasquatch

sasquatch Everett, WA Active Member

3. jer fly

jer fly cottage grove Member

Can't go wrong with a super blackhawk. Although I'd look for a older 3-screw model made before 1973. Just a personal thing, the new ones shoot great....

4. 19 Adam

19 Adam rural Clackamas County, Oregon Active Member

Welcome to the group, drowdy.

There is lots of great info here and the search feature works pretty well if you want to give it a try.

5. drowdy

Thanks jer fly. I stopped in yesterday at a dealer and was told the same thing. Unfortunately, the three screws are out of my price range. At least from his shop. LOL. He claimed that since Mr. Ruger was no longer with the company, their firearms have gone downhill. He even went as far as to shop me a photo of one that the barrel fell off of after just one shot.

19 Adam, Thanks, I have been using the search and it does work pretty well!

Sasquatch, thanks for the link!

6. Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg WA Well-Known Member

Welcome Drowdy.. I prefer S & W but the Ruger SR is a beefy piece of hardware you can count on

7. jer fly

jer fly cottage grove Member

Drowdy, Wow! never heard of a barrel falling off before. I admit to not being very familiar with the newer rugers, but thought they were better than that. I've known a few people that have owned the SB from the 1980's through 90's vintage and they shot really well, (and their barrels stayed on...) Not sure what your price range is but I thought I saw one on here for sale for $350. (not a 3 screw).

8. drowdy

I have seen that thread also jer fly. This will be my first revolver purchase and something I plan on handing down to one of my sons at some point. I am leaning toward buying a new one. I have found new ones for as low as 519. Although....$350 is hard to pass up too...decisions decisions.

9. drew

drew OR Well-Known Member

Welcome. I own a Super Blackhawk and really like it.

10. moose

moose northwet coast Well-Known Member

Welcome!

I have a ruger super black in 44 mag with a 10.5 inch barrel. It takes 2 hands to draw it out of the holster but the muzzle blast alone will knock down anything with 100 feet in front of you :)