JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi all.

Just moved to Hillsboro. I'm originally from Reno NV. My wife scored a position with Washington County. My work was closing their office in Reno so we decided to move vs staying in Reno.

The wife and I are both avid shooters and we hope to continue our hobby. It does not look like this area is the best for that however. We hope to find a way though. Any advise on what's best to keep in shooting shape in the northwest please let me know. Also we are both CCW holders for Nevada. We both want to get our OR license too. Any pointers to make that happen please let me know. Any weird laws up here that I may need to know about for a CCW holder?

I have been researching off and on, but thus far I am finding I won't be as spoiled with gun stores like I was in Reno. I will miss my Scheels and Cabelas. If there is a good direction I can be pointed in for ammo and or reloading supplies I would appreciate it. I understand components are hard to find right now, but a shop that actually sells them would be good info.

Another thing I'll miss is BLM land. I was 5 minutes from a large area in Reno were it was perfectly legal to shoot. Seems like from what I have read hear there isn't much out there. Maybe a few gravel pits off the 26 a few miles west? I would love to reach out a bit. Is there anything out there with an easy 4-5 hundred yards?

Lastly I hope to contribute as much as I can to this sight. I have lots of knowledge in the desert hunting and survival areas, so learning the new environments up here should be fun. I'll try to post up what I can. I'm also a decent amateur gunsmith, so if I have any worthy projects worth sharing I'll try to do so.

Glad I was pointed here! I look forward to chatting and learning all the ropes for the firearm community up here.

Reno911

Welcome to the forum. Lots of good folks and tons of info here. By the way, they are building a Cabelas in Tualatin that will be open in the fall. Gary

Welcome to the forum. Lots of good folks and tons of info here. By the way, they are building a Cabelas in Tualatin that will be open in the fall. Gary

I think you just made me a happy boy. Tualatin is much better than Eugene.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top