JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That's sure what I was thinking....

There's always that button that says "Pay with PayPal", maybe that's what I did wrong? This was way back on Feb 19. There is/was no money in PayPal, I gave a card number for the purchase.

A refund just about always is nothing more than reversing the payment, at least when its some kind of electronic payment. I have a website where I sell some things I manufacture and it really is that simple. There is a button that says "Issue Refund" and it sends them the money back however they paid me whether it be via credit card, paypal or what ever. In order to issue you a refund via paypal they would need your paypal information, which they would not have if that's not how you made payment. All it takes is a email address however many folks, myself included do not use my normal email address for my PayPal payment address. It really seems weird to me.

But yeah, As others have stated open a case with your credit card. They work for you and will do all the leg work if something nefarious is going on.

You may have just gotten a "canned" form letter response from the vendor as almost all tranasactions on eBay go through PP.

You have to think of PP as a "clearing house" method to conduct online transactions. You have to set up a bank (usually checking) account, a debit card, or CC as the primary funding source for your PP account.

When you make a purchase using PP, your PP account will withdraw the money from your specified primary funding source. If you receive money into PP account you then have to manually withdraw the money back into the account you specify, or you can leave it in there and that gets used for purchases before PP draws from your other specified accounts.

It's a way to shield your personal account numbers/info from the outside world, and I think it's pretty flippin' awesome, except for their anti-2A stance... even though I've (legally) bought a TON of misc. firearms parts through them.

I sent a [respectful] message back to the seller this morning saying I see no refund anywhere. I will now wait until Tuesday afternoon for something to show up. After that I will call my card company and have no further contact with seller, and will leave "FEEDBACK".

Thank you very much guys!

The first thing I would ask the seller is why it was refunded to paypal when payment was not made by paypal.

Most likely the seller sent you a templated e mail reply that said that, based upon the majority of their refunds go through PayPal. Depending on how the merchant handles their E Bay processing, they may have some drone doing it if they are a larger high volume seller, and the drone just sends what they normally do. In our small business, it is my wife or I processing every transaction, and those things do not happen.

Nobody but you can set up a PayPal account for you. I get about 2 to3 transactions a month that come through a different PayPal portal or format if the buyer does not have a PayPal account, but are paid with a credit card. The refunds would go back through that same portal. PayPal is just another credit card processing program, and in my opinion a very good and cost effective process.

When my PayPal acct got hacked into by a couple of Romanian gangsters last summer (along with ten million other folks), I closed the Chase checking acct that it was connected to.
When Chase refunded my money back to me, they then went after PayPal for the $5.95 they had refunded back to me.
PayPal, being the giant corporate banking entity that is never to blame, decided that getting the millions of dollars back from the Romanian mafia wasn't going to happen, so they did the next best thing.
They decided to take back the payment that I made to a guy I bought some auto parts from, him being the last purchase made from my account.
He contacted me asking why I gave him a five star positive on eBay, but 20 days later, turned around and demanded my money back.
There is no way to communicate with PayPal in these types of matters, so I sent him another payment along with an explanation.

Lesson learned here is to have a bank acct tied to PayPal with little to no money in it and is easily closed down like a debit card account, not your main checking account.
In my haste to close the checking acct down with Chase, I bounced 2 outstanding checks, and that cost me $75.00.

When my PayPal acct got hacked into by a couple of Romanian gangsters last summer (along with ten million other folks), I closed the Chase checking acct that it was connected to.
When Chase refunded my money back to me, they then went after PayPal for the $5.95 they had refunded back to me.
PayPal, being the giant corporate banking entity that is never to blame, decided that getting the millions of dollars back from the Romanian mafia wasn't going to happen, so they did the next best thing.
They decided to take back the payment that I made to a guy I bought some auto parts from, him being the last purchase made from my account.
He contacted me asking why I gave him a five star positive on eBay, but 20 days later, turned around and demanded my money back.
There is no way to communicate with PayPal in these types of matters, so I sent him another payment along with an explanation.

Lesson learned here is to have a bank acct tied to PayPal with little to no money in it and is easily closed down like a debit card account, not your main checking account.
In my haste to close the checking acct down with Chase, I bounced 2 outstanding checks, and that cost me $75.00.

Excellent advice.

I sent a [respectful] message back to the seller this morning saying I see no refund anywhere. I will now wait until Tuesday afternoon for something to show up. After that I will call my card company and have no further contact with seller, and will leave "FEEDBACK".

Thank you very much guys!

The seller responded to this ^^ message this morning, only saying they refunded me "Several Days Ago". Not very professional people if you ask me. I believe they should have responded the way I have been, with exact dates.

It took them 12 days to refund the money to my card from the day they received the package.

What a way to run a business....Glad I'm done with them, first AND last time!

12 days is actually pretty fast. It often takes weeks for the credit card company to return the money to your card. My last disputed PayPal transaction took 8 weeks to get my refund from the date of purchase. ( I never received the item)

I have never encountered those kinds of times, or had any input back from customers that it took that long. All PayPal refunds have been fast and complete. A few days ago I had a customer want a refund on a collectible item we sold them. They claimed it did not have all the parts to work, which was a bald face lie, since we put it together and it was one of the pictures on the listing.

Fairly low value item, $ 16.99 all in. It would have cost me $ 4 to return ship it, and re list it, simply did not make sense to do that. I refunded the customer their money in full and allowed them to keep the item. Then I promptly blocked them from seeing or buying at our store again. They cannot see the store or leave feedback so we are done with them for good. They knew full well what they were doing, I have had that done a couple times to us. That is online retail.

I had another dot head try to buy some tools and ship them to India, which we will do under EBay's International Program. He only had 3 feed backs, and could not understand he needed to pay for the item before I would ship it. He would not pay after multiple invoices and over 6 days of waiting for him to pay. So I cancelled his order, relisted it and blocked his arse. Too bad, it was a $ 293 sale. :mad:

My deal was about $800, after paying for it I waited two to three weeks assuming it would show up. After it did not and the seller would not respond to calls or emails I filed a PayPal dispute, that took like a week. It takes like 7 days before the dispute can be escalated to a claim and the. The seller gets 10 days or something to respond. By the time I actually got the refund close to two months had passed since the original transaction

That was a straight PayPal deal right ?? No E Bay ??

I do not understand these dipwads who jerk people around. No quicker way to screw up an online business than to get bad feed back or Yelp reviews.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top