JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I run dual appendix M&P 40's and the triggers work fine for me. Strong or support side it doesn't matter. When I pull the trigger, the bullet hits the target. Every time. No malfunctions. Never. 1 thing I do NOT like is the mag release. I wish they had a ambidextrous mag release available. Currently I use my thumb to release the mag with my right hand and I have to use my forefinger to release it with my left hand. You can reverse the mag release for left handed operation but then you got to keep track of which gun is in which holster. This is really troubling and keeps me up at night. Anybody know a fix for this?

If you want a Sig P-Series trigger, then buy a Sig P-Series.

I have a few, and I like them, which is why I want triggers I don't like to be more like the P-Series. Life would be easy if I could only afford one gun and that was the only gun I was familiar with shooting, but I've been burdened with the ability to afford many guns and this causes a plethora of problems. Oh woe is me 20p5848.jpg

Ok, you guys win... I will look into deeper into these Apex triggers. I saw on their site they've got a poly one and an aluminum one. I'm no M&P expert but I assume the trigger workings are the same in my 3.5", 4" and 4.5"?

Unfortunately I had some troubles with my Apex installation and had to send it to them for tweaking. (It was a 2006 model). But when I got it back it suddenly became the best pistol I ever fired. And just FYI, it helped me win my class speed steel challenge at the Frontsight training facility in Nevada last April!

I have the CAEK in my M&P pro 5" in 9mm and am having frequent FTFs with Freedom Munitions 124g HPs. Seems fine with their 115g HPs, but for some reason, not as good with the 124s. Same problem with HSM 115s. So no, life is not all good with the Apex products.

As for PuddleMonkey, there's an expression out there, "friends don't let friends post drunk". Substitute whatever substance or frame of mind that applies to you.

Ok, you guys win... I will look into deeper into these Apex triggers. I saw on their site they've got a poly one and an aluminum one. I'm no M&P expert but I assume the trigger workings are the same in my 3.5", 4" and 4.5"?
I believe the compact has a differnt sear (it may share the trigger...) Because I was unsure about the trigger I went with the poly, but if I were to do it again I would get the aluminum trigger.

Dear PuddleMonkey,

If you want a 1911 trigger, then buy a 1911. If you want a Sig P-Series trigger, then buy a Sig P-Series. If you want the best trigger for a Smith & Wesson M&P, then buy an Apex Forward Set Sear trigger kit and shut yer yap.
Why do you hate Rube Goldberg?

I'm trying to devise an elaborate scheme to slappify him in his grave, just so you know.

How's that? Please explain.

~Ergonomics, I've never felt a gun so comfortable. Adjustable back strap and side plates.

~Superior mag release mechanism.

~Multiple trigger and safety options.

~Hammer fired. I've had light primer strike issues with multiple striker fired pistols in the past.

~Notched receiver, no matter how dirty that thing gets mags aren't gonna present a problem.

~Extended slide release that pretty much anyone would be able to reach and operate.

~Innovative decocker lever on the back of the slide.

~Nice thick poly frame.

~No two piece/twig triggers.

~Stout barrel that's been properly machined. I'm amazed at how many barrels I've seen with nicks in the feed ramp out of box.

I have a few, and I like them, which is why I want triggers I don't like to be more like the P-Series. Life would be easy if I could only afford one gun and that was the only gun I was familiar with shooting, but I've been burdened with the ability to afford many guns and this causes a plethora of problems. Oh woe is me 20p5848.jpg

D-bag comment of the thread. Surely use could you some of that money to keep yourself entertained somewhere other than a gun forum.....your answer has been provided several times throughout this thread. STFU and go buy the Apex parts and move on.

D-bag comment of the thread. Surely use could you some of that money to keep yourself entertained somewhere other than a gun forum.....your answer has been provided several times throughout this thread. STFU and go buy the Apex parts and move on.

He is just trolling... just ignore him...

He just likes to brag, but nobody wants to bite... so he keeps trolling

He really just wanted to show off his toys and be as arrogant as hell...

It's all he has to show for his life's work...

Just put him on your ignore list...

C'mon y'all!! You just don't know good ol' fashioned entertainment in the form of banter, bashin', and bustin' balls/chops when ya sees it!!

Leave your "Man Cards" at the door when you next log off the forums, please. ;)

I guess I'm not part of the private club... don't care to be either...

there's a limit to bustin chops in good taste... and there's just being arrogant and a d-bag...

I could start bragging about me and what I have but that's just bragging... and is rude...

trolling is trolling...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads