JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Alright, instead of starting a new thread for the AttentionDeficitDillweeds to get bitter about I'll just ask it here...

Anyone use these sights before? I'm disgusted yet intrigued at the same time. Looks like they sit awfully high, I do like the idea of being able to change colors easy though. Few things anger me more than red front sights on my S&W revolvers being lined up on a red bulleye.

DSC_00014.jpg

glock_advantage_sights.jpg

advantage_tactical_sw617_6331.jpg

advanrearcoloroptions_1.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

It's a matter of taste and the right tool for the job. You don't drive nails with a sledge hammer, my Shield is a personal defense gun not a bullseye pistol. When it comes out of my pocket and I engage targets I don't notice the trigger just the same as when I pull up on a deer and fire, my ears don't ring from my '06, instincts take over.

It's a matter of taste and the right tool for the job. You don't drive nails with a sledge hammer, my Shield is a personal defense gun not a bullseye pistol. When it comes out of my pocket and I engage targets I don't notice the trigger just the same as when I pull up on a deer and fire, my ears don't ring from my '06, instincts take over.

Our highly "credentialed", "1911 guy" wants an M&P trigger "to look like a man's trigger" (lol).. to be all shiny and be a SIG.
Those sights are all man though.. you could match the colors to your socks every day.

Your "credentials" seem to be comprised of taking pictures of safe queens. you go!

There's no need to get angry about me having nice things, but I understand your inner liberal democrat compels you to do so.

I'd explain to you that what you saw is a small sample of the overall, and having more of something means less use per, but I really don't think you have the math or comprehension skills to figure it out. Nonetheless, I don't do safe queens, everything gets shot. Just for drill though, lets take a closer look at one previously photoed that you claim is a safe queen.

24zgow6.jpg

Scratches all over the front of the receiver, mag release bluing wear, slide release and thumb safety bluing completely worn off to the point they look stainless.

BTW- Off topic, but aren't you the guy that rocks a shoulder rig for a j-frame revolver? Thought so.

Our highly "credentialed", "1911 guy" wants an M&P trigger "to look like a man's trigger" (lol).. to be all shiny and be a SIG.

I was obviously right about your comprehension skills being on par with someone high on chromosomes. At no point did I say it needs to be shiny, nor did I say it had to be a Sig trigger. I gave an example of a quality one piece trigger that doesn't have a safety mechanism built into it. I added the trigger pic as I know some of you rely on photos more than words.

You must be the reason Ruger puts billboards on the side of their firearms.

:s0155: I must say, this thread has made some fun reading ..... that being said, I'm not sure why "pro-gunners" are waging a pecker measure over who has spent more money on their hobby. The monkey has a nice line-up, no disputing that, but don't hate on each other..... save it for Barry, Gaby & their crazy Aunt Dianne......I have some shinys like those and carry a few M&Ps, including my duty carry .45, which has the Pro trigger on it.... Can't we all just get along?

to quote the infamous Brutus .....

Nightcrawler out

Currently Apex is the only company that offers an actual trigger replacement. The FSS is going to be your best bet right now if your looking to more of a 1911 style trigger. <broken link removed>

I really dig the apex, but then I also like the stock glock trigger. I am aware it's a poopy trigger but I know what I am getting with every pull and the reset is crisp.

As far as I know the apex is the only game in town, but the addition of that trigger does make the M&P series into what I consider to be a premier combat sidearm.

This Thread makes a great lunch read by the way. Still drooling over the 1911 pron.

Currently Apex is the only company that offers an actual trigger replacement. The FSS is going to be your best bet right now if your looking to more of a 1911 style trigger. <broken link removed>

I love and carry the 1911 everyday, I picked up an M&P just for a fun... removed the stock trigger and replaced it with the FSS assembly. What a world of difference! As far as the safety lever... I believe it can be disconnected and removed or maybe just pin it in depressed (like some have done with grip safeties on 1911) The FSS trigger has very little take up, no creep and no over travel in my pistol. I think you would like the FFS trigger even with the safety lever in the trigger.

Dear PuddleMonkey,

If you want a 1911 trigger, then buy a 1911. If you want a Sig P-Series trigger, then buy a Sig P-Series. If you want the best trigger for a Smith & Wesson M&P, then buy an Apex Forward Set Sear trigger kit and shut yer yap.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top