JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The idea of any type or level of commerce using unsecured routes (post shtf) of any type or distance is a non-starter. I don't see any real security other than what people provide for themselves or for their group(s).

Posts shtf concepts that fail to incorporate realistic scenarios or conditions are myopic, but a good start none the less. There may be no standard rule of law, no constitutional umbrella, no sense of legitimate justice, if a total breakdown occurs.

That's why TEOTWAWKI is a more realistic starting point than a hybrid paradigm, where some of the old systems of a social contract theory may still apply...can't bank on it.

Surviving would require much-more self reliance and discipline than I see being publicly-displayed by the liberal mantra. In short, dealing with liberals in a post shtf scenario seems to be more of a liability than an asset.

Last Edited:
There will be no safe zones or regions in this country if this stuff keeps up.
They all work against the gun owner and the gun laws, EXCEPT they do not plan to comply and they think they will get free reign over you in the end. How you all handle that is up to you, but many things will beat you down. http://www.wnd.com/2015/08/growing-chorus-across-u-s-no-more-refugees/
Some are actually waking up but is it too few too late. Be assured these people will fight to take your 2nd Amendment rights away before it is all said and done unless their entry and those of all the other so called refugees are not stopped real soon.

You won't stop it unless you make a loud enough noise.
They do !

The majority of these refugees re not pro America, and definitely won't fight for your 2nd Amendment, except to make sure you lose it in the end.
They also bring the Beirut mentality to America.

Last Edited:
That guy does not know his azz from a hole in the ground. Thinking you are going to have more trouble in a city 1/10 or less the size of the previously mentioned cities is insane. Saying Portland has the potential for more trouble than Detroit or LA is laughable.

Beck needs to put down his crack pipe and shut up about things he knows nothing about. Sensational crap reporting at it's best.
His knowledge of Portland probably comes from the TV shows Portlandia and Grimm. :rolleyes:

I just posted this is the other thread but ,yeah,NY isn't on the list? And Los Angeles would be #1 on my list.
Has to be as many on the dole as any city in the world (numbers not necessarily %) and who do you think will be the ones causing the most trouble? The one's who's ETB? cards don't work
And the hot weather will make it happen quicker
NYC is screwed for sure. Try to imagine 9+million people trying to scramble out of there if SHTF. Sad part is that I've still got family there. They're scrappy though so I expect them to make due. I'd rather deal with a Cascadia event here though rather than any NYC shinola hitting the fan event.

And Beck said the "number one city in America to avoid like the plague" when trouble strikes is Portland, Oregon."

Just confirms that Beck is an idiot.

Gardening is popular in the Portland area. It's surrounded by farmland with plenty of water. Portland is not very dense as cities go, which means more room for gardens. And the dark brown people are a small minority there with little political power (it's no Detroit). Portland has excellent drinking water resources. The winters are not too harsh. Finally, plenty of people in Portland have guns.

Don't get me wrong, it won't be a cakewalk, but there are a lot of cities in far worse shape than Portland.

Yeah, I wasn't quite thinking that type of hippy. I was thinking more of the productive, sefl-sufficient type of hippy.

I have to laugh at the hippie bashing. I've known some who could live on almost nothing, just scrounging and not having big appetites, and keeping up a good garden. There are plenty of survivalists in that crowd. Permaculture, big around here.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads