JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just saw this on Cabelas web site.

<broken link removed>

Looks like Springfield is getting a Cabelas. 75 miles trip for me but I could do that a couple times a year maybe more if I had another reason to be south.

COOL

Oregon city is getting one too, right next to the Home Depot. Though they have yet to break ground for it yet.

They want to put one in the OC but it has to be approved by the local municipalities involved. Remember This is the Portland metro area we are talking about, if it's not bike trails or light rail it's going to face an uphill battle.

Sounds like a done deal in Oregon City according to the Oregonian. I like Cabela's promos, coupons, etc. Cabela's recently sent me a $10 off anything, no minimum purchase, card for me and one for a friend so I was basically able to get a bottle of ammonia to clean out my barrels for free. I got an even better deal from them a while ago that dropped the price significantly on a Nikon rangefinder. I never got anything like this from GI Joe, Fisherman Marine, or even REI.

More importantly, their Boise store has a sign at the front door that clearly says no guns allowed in the store EXCEPT when holstered and carried according to applicable state laws. So if I wanted to, I could OC in that store. Trying doing that at Keith's...

Wow, Springfield.. LOL What about Portland? This area is starving for good sporting goods store.. It really sucks now G.I. Joes is dead and a crappy, overpriced store like Dicks is what replaced it. I have to drive like 45 min to Milwaukie to go to Sportsman Warehouse. What is it with Beaverton and the lack of good sporting goods store? Is there not enough outdoor enthusiasts around here?? I guess everyone goes for the trendy, overpriced and gun-free sporting good stores like REI. And, Dick's is ridiculous with gun supplies. Very limited and grossly overpriced. I can get way better deals at Wal-Mart. What is this state coming to.

Wow, Springfield.. LOL What about Portland? This area is starving for good sporting goods store.. It really sucks now G.I. Joes is dead and a crappy, overpriced store like Dicks is what replaced it. I have to drive like 45 min to Milwaukie to go to Sportsman Warehouse. What is it with Beaverton and the lack of good sporting goods store? Is there not enough outdoor enthusiasts around here?? I guess everyone goes for the trendy, overpriced and gun-free sporting good stores like REI. And, Dick's is ridiculous with gun supplies. Very limited and grossly overpriced. I can get way better deals at Wal-Mart. What is this state coming to.

I have a feeing that when the Cabelas opens in Oregon City that it is not only going to be a very busy store but it is also going to put pressure on all these other stores to really compete. Fishermans in OC being so close is going to have a very difficult time staying on top of things when the new store opens.

Sweet, I'm in Corvallis, so that's right down the road from me. Won't make the trip though unless they can beat some of the online killer deals that have been popping up lately.

I have never been impressed with Cabelas prices. They tend to be on the high side and other than sale items I never saw anything worth buy.

And their gun prices are just as bad, their used gun prices are ridiculous.

There is one up in Lacy WA for our buds up North.

I'm all for any serious competion in the Outdoor Sports market around here. With no Bass Pro shops or really anything that approches that level of a combined on line/brick and motar store it can only be a big plus.

And my wife drives through Oregon City every day on her way to work. If I shop on line I can give her a detailed list and she can pickup for me. NO driving to get much of anything.

Too bad Gateway Mall Inc is vehemently anti-gun, anti-CHL. Don't know how Cabellas is planning on dealing with that esp since their customer service doesnt respond to emails posing that question?

Too bad Gateway Mall Inc is vehemently anti-gun, anti-CHL. Don't know how Cabellas is planning on dealing with that esp since their customer service doesn't respond to emails posing that question?

I'm sure they will have their own entrance. And will just have to deal with firearms not being allowed out the back door into the mall.

Lancaster mall in Salem used to have an Anderson's Sporting goods right inside the mall that sold firearms.

There is a Sports Authority that sells Rifles and Shotguns in the mall but with it's own entrance.

I'm sure it will be handled.

I was Christmas shopping with the fiancee and saw the Cabelas "coming soon" sign in the Gateway Mall and got as giddy as a schoolgirl.
Too bad Gateway Mall Inc is vehemently anti-gun, anti-CHL.
So they wouldn't have liked the fact I was carrying 2 guns while in their establishment? Tough

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top