JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Welcome to Mosinitis. Your first will not be your last.

I purchase mostly Combloc surplus 7.62x54 from AIM Surplus, an online distributor. I've found that even with the shipping, the per round cost is cheaper than anything found in a brick and mortar gun or pawn shop.

Keith

As keith said, online is a very good place to buy bulk milsurp. Try this site. I've bought from them many times and they usually have a good selection and price.
<broken link removed>

Thanks Hitman. Big5 is not far. I will make some bulk purchases in the future if I like the way it handles. From reading what others have had to say, I am sure i will like it. :)

Now that you bought your 1st Mosin all I can say is "Welcome to the dark side"
no one can stop with just one...now you will need a M44 shorty, NO ONE CAN STOP WITH JUST ONE!! HA HA HA HA BWA HAHA

Referencing the comments on cleaning your after shooting corrosive ammunition, folks generally initially run hot soapy water or a neutralizer like an ammonia-based cleaner throught the bore before cleaning with a regular cleaner or oiling. The salts used aren't exactly 'corrosive' by themselves (like an acid), rather like any salt they quickly absorb water and the resultant ionic solutions produced attack the metal. I use a patch wetted with Windex run through the bore once or twice, then clean regularly. I also hit other exposed areas like the bolt face, receiver chamber and other parts in close proximity to the combustion gases. It sounds like a PITA, but not really. I even run corrosive through my autoloaders like my SVT and PSL...its not hard to clean these more complicated rifles, and a locking bolt rifle (like a Mosin) is a piece of cake in comparison.

Keith

Logicbomb, i have to agree with you. I am already looking at another.
Trainsktg, thanks for the cleaning info! I will definitely use your method.
Additionally, thanks again to everyone for your replies. i appreciate it!
James

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top