JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
First problem started at home. The mom said,
"her son knows he shouldn't play with guns. We don't have a gun in the house."
and it is probably safe to assume that the boy hasn't been taught any gun safety. I suppose it's debatable whether or not his 'silent lunch' punishment is over the top or not. I do say kudos to the school for providing gun safety education. One would hope that it is true gun safety and not just don't touch guns or pretend to play with guns.

I was at the receiving end a few years ago with one of my kids on a sort of similar incident. Funny thing is back then I was not a firearm aficionado. In fact I ignorantly leaned toward the anti-gun side, but not exactly by choice. This was an area where my wife and I vehemently disagreed about. When little I played cowboys and indians countless hours and had all sorts of toy guns, some I fashioned myself out from wood. I saw no harm in it. But I spent most of the time at work so while i as away she was boss. My wife would never let me own a gun and frowned at my air gun rifle. That definitely was not an activity I could share with my kids. So they grew deprived of toy guns and from exhibiting any "gun violence" behavior, like his dad was.

Then we moved to Oregon. My kid borrowed a toy pistol from a friend and made the huge mistake to take it to school on his backpack. He never took it out but someone who had seen him with it outside of school ratted on him. He got expelled and spent the rest of middle school outside mainstream schools.

Experiencing the hypocrisy of the education system first hand, seeing how the punishment did not match the "crime", started a slow process that brought me to where I stand today on the issue. Now I make a point of exercising my 2nd amendment right at every opportunity, including CC on school premises. Gave me a perverse satisfaction.

My kid and I now often enjoy time together reducing my ammo inventory.

seems like the principle should get some training on what "is" a threatening action and what is not....likely his beloved president is making a gun gesture a lot of the time

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRnIrhpfgll5Si4gSi_v6ucWrP4ulCr0RH7SBLPdlAN57Iq58MzQA.jpg

or even this one

see now that is threatening....

I found out my son was "talked to" at kindergarten when he was pointing guns at people. It was his index finger and thumb.

I found about it a couple days later.

pft..

I was at the receiving end a few years ago with one of my kids on a sort of similar incident. Funny thing is back then I was not a firearm aficionado. In fact I ignorantly leaned toward the anti-gun side, but not exactly by choice. This was an area where my wife and I vehemently disagreed about. When little I played cowboys and indians countless hours and had all sorts of toy guns, some I fashioned myself out from wood. I saw no harm in it. But I spent most of the time at work so while i as away she was boss. My wife would never let me own a gun and frowned at my air gun rifle. That definitely was not an activity I could share with my kids. So they grew deprived of toy guns and from exhibiting any "gun violence" behavior, like his dad was.

Then we moved to Oregon. My kid borrowed a toy pistol from a friend and made the huge mistake to take it to school on his backpack. He never took it out but someone who had seen him with it outside of school ratted on him. He got expelled and spent the rest of middle school outside mainstream schools.

Experiencing the hypocrisy of the education system first hand, seeing how the punishment did not match the "crime", started a slow process that brought me to where I stand today on the issue. Now I make a point of exercising my 2nd amendment right at every opportunity, including CC on school premises. Gave me a perverse satisfaction.

My kid and I now often enjoy time together reducing my ammo inventory.

i hope you divorced her civilian?that makes the story more happy...she didn't let me have guns so now i have many and kicked her to the curb:)

Not to hijack a thread.... but in the vein of kids with pretend guns how have you folks taught your kids. Are you okay with them playing 'guns' with their fingers or sticks or toy guns? With my kids I let them play that way all the time they just aren't allowed to 'shoot' at people (except bad guys).

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top