JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Gowdy to Examiner, Fox News: Oversight will get all documents

Less than 24 hours after he grilled Attorney General Eric Holder over Operation Fast and Furious, South Carolina Congressman Trey Gowdy told this column, following an appearance on Fox & Friends Friday morning that the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform will get all of the documents it has requested, one way or the other.

<broken link removed>

Backlash erupts against Holder after House committee appearance

If Attorney General Eric Holder thought his Feb. 2 testimony before the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform would cool everyone’s jets about Operation Fast and Furious, he was as wrong as the operation, itself.

<broken link removed>

And did you hear Eric say they have cooperated and turned over all the documents they felt were relevant? This cover-up by the Justice Department is ........ Criminal and the backlash is warranted!!

Sure I heard him say that. Don't you believe him?

No, no I don't...and that was well played, sir!

clapping.gif

Why is Holder still walking around and not in jail? How many times did Martha Stewart only lie about insider trading and end up in jail. Yet Holder is lying about the killing of a US citizen and guns going to Mexican gangs and is still free!

Why is Holder still walking around and not in jail? How many times did Martha Stewart only lie about insider trading and end up in jail. Yet Holder is lying about the killing of a US citizen and guns going to Mexican gangs and is still free!

Refer to my post in this thread if you really want an answer

Most do not because then they either have to cave and accept what is really going on, or do something about it

Issa spokesperson denies Fast & Furious ‘sell-out’ rumor

Allegations floating around the Internet that a “sell-out” on Operation Fast and Furious is being engineered were flatly denied Monday exclusively to this column by a spokesperson for the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform.

<broken link removed>

I believe Dave, and I'm impressed by the letter. I just don't understand why Holder hasn't been hit with contempt of congress.

That alone makes me wonder if Issa and Grassley are posturing, or if they are really going to do something. Time will tell, but an important time upcoming is Nov, 2012.

More dog and pony show

If they are serious, just do it. I'll believe it when I see it. Obama just stiffed a Georgia court order.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if Justice just stopped responding to Issa, ignored any contempt ruling, failed to show up, and told them to kiss off. I suspect Issa is afraid of that.

Holder runs the FBI and the CIA. Maybe he'll just send some agents to arrest Issa for disturbing the peace, LOL.

Yep, I see it as a giant old boys club financed (bribed) by nefarious interests which is no way are friendly to our BORs or Constitution. I could be wrong but IMO if Issa broke "bad" on them they would use blackmail (if they have dirt on him) finance his opponent to the hilt next time (buy the election) threaten his family, or even cause him to have an "accident" as more than 400 people did in the Klinton era

Is Issa approaching the ‘No-More-Mr. Nice-Guy’ point in Fast & Furious?

Congressman Darrell Issa yesterday sent a seven-page letter to Attorney General Eric Holder about His and the Justice Department’s uncooperative posture in the investigation of Operation Fast and Furious, and there were no Valentines attached.

<broken link removed>

Yawn. The Obama administration is above the law and the constitution, and certainly congress.

If Issa has the b@lls to start the contempt process, or even gets a contempt citation, it will be ignored. It wouldn't surprise me if Holder had the FBI arrest Issa for disturbing his nap.

Seeing is believing, Issa. Everything else is bull.

The Justice Dept. has shown itself to be a law of its own. It is up to its eyeballs in FNF, responsible for gun running and the deaths of many, falsely blamed the mess on lawful gun ownership, stopped Boeing from locating a plant in a right to work state, sued states to enjoin them from protecting their own borders with Mexico or enforcing their own laws inside their states, and basically run amok with the law including the constitution. They have intimidated by investigating and surveying.

It's a gang of Chicago thugs, Issa. What are you waiting for?

There is some stories on the internet of a deal being hatched. Some people will be offered as sacrificial lambs to protect Holder & Obama. This deal has been offered to Boehner to stop Issa. Supposedly Boehner has reined in Issa on F&F till the deal is finalized.

There is some stories on the internet of a deal being hatched. Some people will be offered as sacrificial lambs to protect Holder & Obama. This deal has been offered to Boehner to stop Issa. Supposedly Boehner has reined in Issa on F&F till the deal is finalized.

I've seen that. Somehow I don't think Boehner has that much power. He walks a tight line with all the new Tea Party types. He's not 100% power in the House. Being what he is, he still gets just one vote.

We'll see. I don't trust anyone in DC any more.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top