JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Darrell Issa threatens Eric Holder with contempt

House Oversight Committee Chairman Darrell Issa (R-Calif.) threatened Tuesday to hold Attorney General Eric Holder in contempt of Congress if the Justice Department did not provide certain documents in response to the committee’s subpoena.

In a letter to Holder, Issa wrote that “this committee will have no alternative but to move forward with proceedings to hold you in contempt of Congress” if Holder and the DOJ didn’t produce documents they demanded relating to the Fast and Furious gun-walking scandal.

Holder has until Thursday, Feb. 9. to comply, according to Issa.

Issa accused the Justice Department of trying to “obstruct our investigation and deceive the public” by withholding documents.

More...

Go baby go! :s0155:

Those who have watched this unfold know that last weeks document dump showed that Holder was lying when he said he'd just heard about F&F a few weeks earlier. Of course he weaseled out of that statement in a subsequent hearing. How do you forget when you first heard that one of your agents was killed with one of your guns? Anyway whats interesting here is the White House releasing the email. Hey Holder, I'll bet it hurt when those bus tires ran over ya huh? Looks like it's time to spend some more time with the family.

Eric Holder | Fast and Furious | Emails | The Daily Caller

Attorney General Eric Holder's Department of Justice dumped documents related to Operation Fast and Furious on congressional officials late Friday night. Central to this document dump is a series of emails showing Holder was informed of slain Border Patrol agent Brian Terry's murder on the day it happened – December 15, 2010.

This GOP doesn't care...they're above the law, didn't you know?

<broken link removed>

ATLANTA &#8212; A judge has ordered President Barack Obama to appear in court in Atlanta for a hearing on a complaint that says Obama isn't a natural-born citizen and can't be president.

<broken link removed>

The judge could have made a decision based on default because Obama was not there to prove his eligibility. The hearing was ignored by President Obama, his lawyers, and most of the mainstream media.

So a complaint was made that Obama isn't a "natural born" citizen by the constitutional standards and thus is ineligible to be President. Judge orders Obama to apear in court, Obama refuses and the hearing is made without him.

I wish I could skip court.

He's furnished a false birth record, he's ignored an order to appear in court, he's ignored Congresses budget limitations, he's set it up to imprison US citizens without trial and people think he's a "president". The above says he's a dictator

He's furnished a false birth record, he's ignored an order to appear in court, he's ignored Congresses budget limitations, he's set it up to imprison US citizens without trial and people think he's a "president". The above says he's a dictator

Well, let's keep this thread about one guy..Holder. ;)

Today, Feb. 1, marks the 1-year anniversary of when I first wrote about this fiasco. It's been one heck of a ride so far. And, yeah, the evidence tends to support the belief that he knows a lot more about this than he has acknowledged.

Holder Wednesday: Between the rock and the hard place

One day prior to his much-anticipated appearance before the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform, and one day after he was threatened with a contempt of Congress proceeding, embattled Attorney General Eric Holder is caught between the proverbial rock and hard place.

<broken link removed>

From Dave's excellent column:

When are the Republican candidates really going to take off the gloves and start talking about this as a campaign issue? The bullet points are pretty clear, and rather than continue ripping at each other’s throats, it is time to involve Ronald Reagan’s 11th Commandment and focus on the man they all want to replace, and his administration’s deadliest faux pas, Fast and Furious.

I've been wondering about this for some time now. Kind of expected Newt to tee-off on F&F, Mitt not so much.

Fatally Flawed report has some flaws of its own

As Attorney General Eric Holder prepares to testify Thursday before the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform about Operation Fast and Furious, an examination of the Democrats’ “minority report” titled Fatally Flawed: Five Years of Gunwalking in Arizona reveals some shortcomings.

<broken link removed>

Here's something else the MSM will refuse to cover. Lying by omission.

Family Of Murdered Border Patrol Agent Files $25M Suit Against ATF | Fox News

The family of murdered Border Patrol agent Brian Terry has filed a $25 million wrongful death suit against the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives -- claiming Terry was killed with AK-47s that were knowingly sold under the Fast and Furious gunrunning probe to a straw purchaser for drug cartels.

In a 65-page complaint, attorneys for the family claim ATF "wrongdoing" in Fast and Furious.

"ATF's failures were not only negligent but in violation of ATF's own policies and procedures," the complaint claims.

The family has also filed suit against the Lone Wolf Trading Company seeking unspecified damages for selling the weapons to the straw purchaser.

The suit says Lone Wolf knowingly sold "hundreds of weapons" to various straw purchasers and realized "hundreds of thousands of dollars in profits from these sales."

The suit alleges that "but for defendants' negligent and illegal sales ... Brian Terry would not have been murdered in the Arizona desert on December 14, 2010."

They are seeking a jury trial.

The government now has 60 days to respond or the Terry family will file the suit for the $25 million.

Lone Wolf may be blameless if BATF and FBI told them to go ahead over Lone Wolf's objections.

+1
I don't believe Lone Wolf should be held accountable for the illegalities of the actions taken by the BATF in this instance. What the hell can you do when the people who LICENSE you to sell firearms, tells you to sell them to such and such person? I bet if you refused, they would backdoor the bubblegum out of your business and make it nearly impossible to continue running said business.
I hope the Terry family withdraws Lone Wolf from the suit.

Holder didn’t know…but somebody did; the F&F ‘main justice’ problem

At the end of more than four hours before a sometimes contentious hearing of the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform on Operation Fast and Furious, Attorney General Eric Holder appeared to have dodged a bullet.

<broken link removed>

I have been surprised a few times but IMO the entire matter is just another useless dog and pony show to make the sheeple think there will be justice

There's only one way there will be justice in this nation and of course I am too wise to post exactly how that can happen

+1
I don't believe Lone Wolf should be held accountable for the illegalities of the actions taken by the BATF in this instance. What the hell can you do when the people who LICENSE you to sell firearms, tells you to sell them to such and such person? I bet if you refused, they would backdoor the bubblegum out of your business and make it nearly impossible to continue running said business.
I hope the Terry family withdraws Lone Wolf from the suit.

Lone Wolf? HA! This was all designed to blame the "Greedy Dealers" from the straw buyers (the "magical loophole" the ATF has been trying to sell to the public for years). This will all get swept under the rug and pointed right back at the dealers and the current gun laws- just you watch. The only reason why Eric Holder is still in the hot seat is because everyone is too focused on the elections right now to care about some dead BP agent (RIP: Brian Terry) in some Southern state. We all want to see Eric Holder get burned for what he obviously knew about and obviously lied about...but some e-mails and memos past his busy desk isn't going to prove crud. The election will hit, Obama will be reelected and the only reason people will hear about "Operation Fast and Furious" on the news will be to ban "Assault Rifles" with Brian Terry's name written on a bill and forced down our throats to swallow.

The sheeple will buy it too...instead of seeing this for what it is (a corrupt ATF operation, back by our leaders to show the population how bad guns are) the masses will be shown heartfelt documentaries about Brian Terry's tragic death by some horrific black rifle purchased by a straw buyer through a loop-hole in the system. National gun Registration will be demanded.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top