JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I just wanna ankle carry and i love all the glocks ive shot and the size of the 27 is perfect and i believe it comes in a 9 or a 40 and my brother in law is a cop who carries a 27 .40 off duty and loves it. Says he has ran all the same tests on it as the glocks he carries on duty. Every review i have read it got a 100% except for the pinky grip which is easily changed. also went to the range to shoot one and the guys behind the counter were talking about how much they like. hahaha its a all signs point to yes kind of thing. Do u have any thought on y not?

i believe it comes in a 9 or a 40 and my brother in law is a cop who carries a 27 .40 off duty and loves it.

Glock models all correspond to caliber- the 9mm glock in similar size to the 27 is the G26... no two calibers share any model.

Do u have any thought on y not?

the .40 has been showing really poor terminal ballistics. there have been a number of recent incidents where LEOs firing .40s have been unable to stop perpetrators that other calibers finally finished off. there have been reports of the round failing to adequately penetrate, especially through thick clothing, failing to penetrate the skull cavity, failing to expand, and just generally not doing what it's supposed to do. furthermore, though ALL glocks are generally very reliable, the 9mm glocks perform the best. the .40s and .45s have all had recurring problems with agencies across the country- few and far between, but problems the 9emems haven't had, all the same.

so for glock, i always say 9mm is the way to go. plus you get more ammo with the emems, and they're easier to fire. since shot-placement is always more important than projectile size, more ammo means more opportunities.

is this to be a BUG or primary? ankle guns are better than no gun at all, but the likelihood that you'll be able to get to it an get it in action in time to save your life drops off exponentially the farther you move the gun from your strongside hip- and the ankle is as far away as you can get.

just my 2 cents... do as much research as you can before you invest. and remember that a guy with a flapping jaw is usually not a good source of information, whoever he is. read FBI tests and get on glocktalk.com... look for patterns in people's stories, and patterns in real-life accounts.

I have a G27 and love it, although I think it's a bit big for ankle carry. (I have tried many handguns ankle carry, I just can't do it for many reasons...) I would HIGHLY recommend looking at some IWB holsters, and if you are going with Glock you can step up (in size) to a G19 (9mm) or G23 (40 S&W)...same frame size just different caliber. When I carry Glocks, I carry IWB and often forget it's there.

Oh, and welcome aboard :)

thanks for the info didnt know thw whole theres not to cal to one model ( like i said new) i have been on at least 100 websites all saying how much they like it not saying your wrong by any means but your the first of about 300 to have something bad to say so i will further my research. I know about the ankle carrie im a huge bike rider so an ankle carrie is actually the best. but im gonna get a few holsters to match what im doing.

went on glock talk and did a search and looked at about 15 different pages and everyone loves it on there just said its pretty snappy compared to the 26. Im not arguing with u at all but wondering mayb i didnt see them do you have a link talking negative about them. thanks for any help

I'd be interested in some data to back up the "really poor terminal ballistics" statement my self. Are we talking like .380 acp type performance? Everything I've seen shows .40 to be really effective. More stopping power than 9mm and more bullets, and faster follow up's than .45.

To the O.P. Welcome, I know a guy with a G27 for sale. Nice guy with a nice gun, good price with extras, might wanna check it out if you don't already have one in mind.
http://www.northwestfirearms.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15371

IWB- Inside WaistBand, OWB- Outside WaistBand, just my opinion but IWB is the way to go with concealed carry, just spend a few extra bucks to get a nice leather IWB holster and after carrying it for a few days you won't even feel it on
welcome to the forum by the way

Everybody has a preferred way to carry. You have to try out different ways to see what really works for YOU. I heard a guy say IWB SOB (like he does) was the ONLY way anyone should carry a 1911. B.S. I can't carry my MK9 SOB without serious pain, I guess my body is different than everyone else's. I like IWB but am not comfortable with a round in the chamber, something about a gun with no safety and round in the chamber pointed at my junk makes me nervous. I prefer an OWB with a thumb break in the 4:30 position if clothing allows.

hope this doesnt sound rude but just talked to people in my concealed class they all like it 2 had it then went to the range and talked to some employees and they said there rental has had tons of ammo ran threw it and still fires fine

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top