JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey guys and gals. My name is Demetrius. I'm 19 and from Pierce County, Washington. I bought my first rifle as a graduation gift from high school last June. I currently only own a .270 Weatherby Vanguard and a 1983 Winchester Defender 1300 12 Gauge that was my grandfathers. I'm currently in the market for a handgun because, let's be honest, a teenager can only afford to spend nearly $1.20 a round on .270 for so long. Plus, I'd like to have something for my own personal home defense and something to have fun with at the range. Being that I'm a teenager as well, I'm looking on the cheaper end of handguns, so small-name brands and something like the Hi-Point 9mm or something used under $250. I know it's not a lot of money, but remember, I'm going to be using as a range gun and home defense, no personal carry or anything like that. I just need something that'll hit the targets. Well I hope you all are doing well this night and have a great MLK Day!

Hey guys and gals. My name is Demetrius. I'm 19 and from Pierce County, Washington. I bought my first rifle as a graduation gift from high school last June. I currently only own a .270 Weatherby Vanguard and a 1983 Winchester Defender 1300 12 Gauge that was my grandfathers. I'm currently in the market for a handgun because, let's be honest, a teenager can only afford to spend nearly $1.20 a round on .270 for so long. Plus, I'd like to have something for my own personal home defense and something to have fun with at the range. Being that I'm a teenager as well, I'm looking on the cheaper end of handguns, so small-name brands and something like the Hi-Point 9mm or something used under $250. I know it's not a lot of money, but remember, I'm going to be using as a range gun and home defense, no personal carry or anything like that. I just need something that'll hit the targets. Well I hope you all are doing well this night and have a great MLK Day!
just a simple question. would you ask for the cheapest parachute if you were going to fly and had to have one?
welcome

I understand where you're coming from and completely expected a response like this. As far as I'm concerned, a gun that shoots correctly is a good gun, especially just to go to the range and blow through rounds on a Saturday afternoon. It'd be nice to have it as a home defense as well and I see that a Hi-Point 9mm could handle that. Yeah, they're not the most pretty gun, the most sought after, or even the equivalent of a Glock, but for $200~, they're really not that bad. A gun's a gun. It can kill someone like that. And like I said, it wouldn't be my personal carry if it came to that, I'd hope to have better guns by that time, but as a starting pistol, I can't complain.

But if you wouldn't mind, I'd love to hear your opinion on what a good first pistol would be for myself. I respect your opinion on the matter and hope I didn't offend you in any way, shape, or form. Thank you very much for the reply and making me think about everything.

I was just saying if it's good enough for home defense then it should be good enough for ccw. true the best gun is one you can afford, but if your going out and spending $1.20 per trigger pull then cut back on some trigger pulls, it all depends on what you think your life and your families life is worth (if you have one). as far as a home defense gun in that price range I would suggest a shotgun with a short barrel. then save some money up and wait till you can find and afford a gun that fits YOUR hand, the only way to do that also is to go to gun shows or a lot of gun stores and handle as many different guns as you can. You will find a very few guns that feel right at home to you. You have narrowed the field quite a bit then go out and rent or find someone that has that type of gun and go shoot it, different cal. act differently find one you are comfortable with, then you only have a couple guns to choose from then go on price or looks or status. just remember a reliable gun is worth every penny and then some if you need it.
as far as offending me my skin is to thick for trivial thing to bother me. also if your ever down in the vancouver area get in contact with me and we can shoot at my range.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top