JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've got an RST4 from 1954ish. Wonderful design & still works very well. Tiny sights only real geezer-issue for me. I've shot it a number of times in speed steel; it is as 'competitive' as I am....given we're both about 3x age of most in the squad.;)

My first Ruger pistol is also an RST4. I was too young to sign for it so my Dad did that for me. I put an LPA adjustable sight in the rear dovetail so I could adjust the sights when shooting various .22 Long Rifle rounds from Standard to Hi-Velocity. Helps quite a bit:

JdyE95Em.jpg

Glad to hear Ruger is bringing back the 10" barrel on the Mark series. I have each one blue and stainless 10" Mark II, and always enjoy shooting this configuration with the long sight radius. Does it have a slight taper like the Mark IIs were, or more pronounced taper?

I've got an older TacSol upper on my 22/45 I bought off a member here, I believe it's 10 1/2" long. It's a large diameter lightweight (steel sleeve) barrel. I love shooting it with the long sight radius, it is very accurate.

Yup, always dug the ol' standard. I picked one up used one time that I don't think had ever been apart. Previous owner had just blasted it out with can o' whatever for better than half a century. The thing essentially had a plasticized layer of funk through the entire thing. I ended up having to scrub the parts down in a sink of dish soap, hot water, and a brush. Even through all that neglect, it was still a gem.

I had a 10" for several decades. As noted above, mine also balanced surprisingly well. Very accurate albeit a bit ponderous . Speed on multiple targets is not where this model shines. Tin can at 75 yards standing, easy. From seated benches it's pretty much a short carbine. I miss mine.

Quite a few years ago I picked up a Mark II 10-inch stainless steel barrel assembly where the owner lopped 1½ inches off the barrel. Was cheap enough to consider for an over-winter project. I milled the barrel contour to a copy of a similar style I'd seen somewhere. The rib, has since been replaced. I still get great velocities and the barrel hangs real easy out front for target shooting:

ApWU7KWl.jpg

Glad to hear Ruger is bringing back the 10" barrel on the Mark series. I have each one blue and stainless 10" Mark II, and always enjoy shooting this configuration with the long sight radius. Does it have a slight taper like the Mark IIs were, or more pronounced taper?

Not sure, as I have not actually handled the Mark IV 10-inch up close and personal. Both of my Ruger Mark II 10-inch versions do indeed have the heavy "tapered" barrels, they ALL do. Measure the muzzle end and then the receiver end with a micrometer and you'll soon find out that the barrel is indeed tapered.
The two I have are the MOST accurate Ruger Mark pistols that I own. I attribute that to the 10-inch barrel length and the bullet getting a bit more contact with the rifling to achieve better free flight stability. Yup! 100 yard silhouette targets are just too easy with these handguns. :)

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top