JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm old and the geezer line made me laugh. Now, if he had said old and ugly.... :s0114:

ugly was implied 2i0ll5.jpg

PuddleMonkey,

You asked about other stock makers.
One of the best known is Steve Herrett.
Here's a link to one of his stocks - Herrett Custom Shooting Master
Don't let the picture fool you. That stock will fill your hand and feel good doing it.

"Has also been engineered for speed loader clearance on both sides"

That's a rather interesting feature being advertized, when all of the revolvers I have ever seen, swing out on the left side.

Ever just drop something while you are in the aisle at the hardware store? You look down, yup, I dropped that, but you don't know why? LOL Geezers unite!

Just curious and for my own edification...why are you taking off the rubber grips and replacing them with wooden target grips? I've had a love affair with Smith revolvers for years and the first thing I always do when I get another one (new or used) is to remove the wooden grips and replace them with Hogue rubber grips. It has always seemed to me that the Smith taget stocks are too large, especially at the bottom, and move the ring and little fingers forward instead of back making them hard to get a good hold on. I do have one revolver, a Smith Model 66 (K frame) that does have Hogue wooden grips but they are cut to look and fit like their rubber counterparts and the only reason it has wooden grips is because it is a CC piece.

Side note...Old Guys Rule!

Just curious and for my own edification...why are you taking off the rubber grips and replacing them with wooden target grips? I've had a love affair with Smith revolvers for years and the first thing I always do when I get another one (new or used) is to remove the wooden grips and replace them with Hogue rubber grips. It has always seemed to me that the Smith taget stocks are too large, especially at the bottom, and move the ring and little fingers forward instead of back making them hard to get a good hold on. I do have one revolver, a Smith Model 66 (K frame) that does have Hogue wooden grips but they are cut to look and fit like their rubber counterparts and the only reason it has wooden grips is because it is a CC piece.

Side note...Old Guys Rule!

I would have to agree I have a 625 mountain gun that had smith wood target grips and they are enormous and I have big hands my dad has a mod 29 that is the same way.I much prefer the hogues for all around use..not many things better than a pre lock smith as far as revolvers are concerned :cigar

It's GOOD to be a geezer. It means we get to laugh our asses off at you kiddies asking kiddie questions that even WE old farts could have answered with 5 seconds on google. Geezer doesn't mean stupid. It just means old and cantankerous.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top