JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I want to put "target" grips on two of my revolvers, but not sure I understand Smith & Wessons asinine frame alphabet and the round butt/square butt dribble.

Here are the two revolvers, a 686+ and a 629:

350jbcy.jpg

168he80.jpg

Here's the style of grips I want:

15004DSCF5931.JPG

So how do I go about finding what I'm looking for and be confident they'll fit if I order on-line?

I want to put "target" grips on two of my revolvers, but not sure I understand Smith & Wessons asinine frame alphabet and the round butt/square butt dribble.

Here are the two revolvers, a 686+ and a 629:

Here's the style of grips I want:

So how do I go about finding what I'm looking for and be confident they'll fit if I order on-line?

686= Med. frame=k/L

629=Large frame =N

butt_sq_rnd_md.jpg

I've seen grips for sale that say they're for "K" frames, so they fit L's too then?

Also, if my 686 is a round butt does that mean I can't have the style of grips I posted a pic of?

Those look sweet! Problem though... my 629 has a screw in the bottom, these all screw through the side? Do I need some sort of conversion kit?

I know, I know, it's like dealing with a full blown r etard. I do appreciate the help though!

Those look sweet! Problem though... my 629 has a screw in the bottom, these all screw through the side? Do I need some sort of conversion kit?

I know, I know, it's like dealing with a full blown r etard. I do appreciate the help though!

The Hogue's use an adapter for the bottom screw that is removed when using other grips.

We've all been there....of course the geezer comment was a little over board(I'm 41, but act like 12:s0114:)

What keeps the Altamont grips from moving around if no conversion piece in the middle to screw through? Are they that well made/formed?

If these Altamonts work out I promise to never make fun of Kydex again! :D

What keeps the Altamont grips from moving around if no conversion piece in the middle to screw through? Are they that well made/formed?

If these Altamonts work out I promise to never make fun of Kydex again! :D

They are machined to fit around the grip butt frame and the screw tightens them. They'll work and look awesome.

It's ok to make fun of kydex, 75% of my work is leather.:s0155:

Hey geezers

Obviously the product of post a 1980 school system.

Kim Ahrends makes square butt conversion grips that can go on round butt frames. I've had several and they not only work, they're beautiful and top quality. Kim and his wife are good people and if you have questions, just give them a call. They'll treat you right.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top