JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Thanks all for the excellent suggestions. After thinking about this a little more, I'm going to be making an appointment with my optometrist to update my prescription. It's been about eight years since I've seen him and I think my eyesight has gotten worse in that time. Maybe he'll set me up with a good pair of shooting glasses too. Getting older sure has it's challenges!

I sure hope everything works out well for you.

I have never been able to focus both on the target and the front sight. My vision's depth of field has never been able to do that. I suspect that's true of others but others (I hope) will chime in.

I have always focused on the target, and the sights were somewhat blurry but still usable.

I have never been able to focus both on the target and the front sight. My vision's depth of field has never been able to do that. I suspect that's true of others but others (I hope) will chime in.

I have always focused on the target, and the sights were somewhat blurry but still usable.

Glad I'm not alone.

I certainly don't expect miracles, just maybe an update to the lenses and a discussion about safety glasses. They have a pretty large catalog of frames to choose from so I should be able to find something I like.

I don't think it's possible to focus on both sight and target. I was taught to focus on the front sight.

If I wear my glasses(progressives) the target at 50' is clear but the sights are blurry, and I don't do well at all. I can't get the progressive part to focus on the sights and the distance part to focus on the target. I shoot without magnification and hit pretty good on the blurry red circle, just don't know WHERE I've hit 'till I bring it in.

Wifey has an issue as mentioned above, Lasic done for distance on her left eye but she's right handed and wants/needs to close her right eye so her left will do the job. We're trying tape over the right lense.

Mike

...I was taught to focus on the front sight.

I was taught to focus on the target. First, if the target is blurry, I can't see what I'm aiming at. Second, if it were a real life scenario of a BG, I'd want to be watching any other thing he's doing. I'm keeping him in focus.

$.02

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top