JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey everyone my wife and are new to the site here.
We just bought a new shotgun and wanted to know if there were any good areas to go shoot some clay traps. We are not looking for shooting clubs or ranges as my wife is a total newb to guns and she dosent feel comfortable being around a bunch of people. We live in the seattle metro area but i grew up in woodland Wa where i could just go in my back yard and shoot so i do not know where to go. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Greetings from Seaside!

I lived in Covington for 4 years, and was a member at Black Diamond Gun Club. They're open to the public on weekends, and while I myself don't shoot clays, it looked like a nice shotgun range. Just go south through BD, like you're headed towards Enumclaw, and it's across from the the road that goes to Flaming Geyser Park.

Hey!
I posted late last night, and somehow missed the part about "no gun clubs". Sorry!

Now, it's a bit of a drive, but there's a place east of Seattle that I uses to fish, and you can shoot out there, also. Take I-90 east just past North Bend, to mile marker 34. Turn left, and follow that road past the gas stations, then turn right on Middle Fork Road. It follows the Middle Fork of the Snoqualmie for over 20 miles, and is just beautiful. They don't plow it when it snows, so it's more of a spring and summer drive.

welcome from another newb. i know you said no gun clubs but the ones i go to are fairly easy for wives to deal with. my wife doesn't like a lot of people around when we shoot handguns.
i'm a member at the sportsman club in the puyallup/fredrikson area and it's a nice place to go. you don't have to be a member to go there either. you can just pay for the day.
they have a nice trap area along with a member aand non member ranges for guns then a bow area. it's a big place. i'm not a bow hunter but might just buy one to try there.
it might be a place to try??
along the way you can stop off at the marksman to check out more guns lol.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top