JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey, a 6.5 Creedmoor is not 6.5 mm o_O

Say all, did you know that a 6.5 Creedmoor is really 6.7mm. Most do not know this.

The Creedmoor bullet by Hornady measures .264 that's 6.7 mm

6.5 mm is .2559 diameter not .264

The general understanding seams to be,that many manufactures through history have made ammo that is not really what they say, but this is pretty big by .008.
In my opinion that is not even close!

I think they should have called this the 6.7 Creedmoor. I love my Creedmoor, but it is not 6.5 MM

Larry243

Yeah, and .300 Win Mag, the .30-06 and ALL other .30 caliber rifles are actually .308.

.008 difference again. What's the big deal?

as I recall the '-06' designation, it relates to the year of adoption of the model....as in "19 and ought-6" not some metric but a temporal origin.

I believe that's true. I was just using an example that all .30 cal rifles are .308.....so either they are all wrong or I need to start saying my RPR is chambered in .30 caliber.

so the '38' (.356 depending) and the '44' (.429) etc are going to get the general 'we should call it something ELSE' business at this late date?
Even the 45 Long Colt is .452/454/455/ also depending....at least the .401 '41:D Mag' doesn't break anybody's heart with .009 points of error...
There's Whole Books telling how these little numbers-ain't-quite-what-we-think.

so the '38' (.356 depending) and the '44' (.429) etc are going to get the general 'we should call it something ELSE' business at this late date?
Even the 45 Long Colt is .452/454/455/ also depending....at least the .401 '41:D Mag' doesn't break anybody's heart with .009 points of error...
There's Whole Books telling how these little numbers-ain't-quite-what-we-think.

I think you're confusing an old Winchester with the 41 Mag, which uses a .410 bullet.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top