Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

He's got my vote...

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by KTM530XCW, Oct 26, 2015.

1. KTM530XCW

KTM530XCW Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

2. Ben Beckerich

Ben Beckerich NW Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

He's right about that.

But man he's wrong about a hell of a lot of other bubblegum.

dietrich, Tbucket and 2506 like this.
  3. Hawaiian

Hawaiian Tigard Oregon Well-Known Member

He is too mellow, seems like he has been smoking something.

4. Jamie6.5

Jamie6.5 Western OR Well-Known Member

Well, then he'll probably do better in Oregon and Washington than the last few republicans. :D

5. Brutus57

Brutus57 Skagit County Well-Known Member

Lord knows who is going to get the Republican nomination. I listened to Trump today and as we used to say in da hood..He was talking out his Arse.... Stick to attacking Billary and not showing how stupid you are Trump by attacking a brain surgeon. I am not sure Trump is electable because he seems to think he can insult his way to the presidency. If the Rs aren't careful they will simply give it to Billary. I'd be for some combo of Fiorina, Carson, Rubio. I think in a face to face debate Carson would destroy Billary simply because he's not a shrieking old bag. Plus he will pull some serious black votes from Billary because he can say he came from slaves and she just won't be able to respond with anything "but, but, but I came from Arkansas...."

Brutus Out

Slobray, spookshack, x2ndxall and 4 others like this.
  6. freestoneangler

freestoneangler wa Well-Known Member

Notice how well the Dems rally around their man (err gal)? That is why they will likely win the election... the opposition is simply too fragmented. They place party and keeping control above all else -- and like it or not, it works.

I liked Ben last time around too, but something tells me Cruz is going to surge. IMO, we need to coalesce around a candidate sooner than later.

7. Oregonhunter5

Oregonhunter5 2C IDAHO Well-Known Member

I worked around Neurosurgeons for 15 years. They are a funny bunch. Smart. Some are very cool. Most don't like being told no. Few are rad. Being a pediatric surgeon, that's usually I better person.
    My question is, who's more black, barrack, or Ben?
    One things for sure, I hope Jeb tanks. Cause Jeb versus Ben would be one boring debate.

Slobray and Stomper like this.
  8. Brutus57

Ben is more Black American than BHO. As they say, he has blood in the soil...(a direct descendant of American slaves).

I agree, enough of the friendly fire and start roasting Ms. Piggy so she really feels the Bern!
    His gun stance is lesser of two evils.
    Brutus Out

Slobray, oknow and Stomper like this.
  9. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

Elucidate us, please.

308 and DMax like this.
  10. dobeman

dobeman Hillsboro Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

that's all well and good.. me.... give me a congress that will write the right legislation and a President that will sign them, and veto the bad ones.

11. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

You'll have better odds of winning the Powerball lottery.

Slobray, titsonritz and oknow like this.
  12. dobeman

dobeman Hillsboro Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Yup. I'll go buy another ticket just in case.

titsonritz and Stomper like this.
  13. ZigZagZeke

ZigZagZeke Eugene Silver Supporter Silver Supporter 2015 Volunteer

That's my worry. Trump is not electable in a general election. He'd send all the moderate voters running to Hillary. If Trump is nominated we are screwed.

Slobray, powersbj and x2ndxall like this.
  14. Oregonhunter5

Oregonhunter5 2C IDAHO Well-Known Member

Because I would rather have a black guy versus a FOE black that's a Muslim.

15. Slobray

Slobray Yelm, WA Well-Known Member

I honestly think that is Trump's game. He may talk some trash about Hitlery every now and then (I think it's like when two friends are talking bubblegum to each other), but then tips his hand and blames Bernie for her being "dragged" to the left.
    http://www.cnn.com/2015/10/16/politics/donald-trump-hillary-clinton-left/
    I don't trust him, I think he's a shill for her.

As for Dr. Carson, I really like the guy, I just wish he (and every other conservative for that matter) would shut up about abortion. No matter what you believe, leave it alone, ignore it, it's too sticky of an issue. I really believe that that one issue is what may stop many of the multiple issue voters from voting for a conservative and instead make them pull the lever for the liberal candidate.

Ray

Mikej, ZigZagZeke, John Gault and 4 others like this.
  16. David Bowman

David Bowman Beaverton OR Archer Defense Concepts

I like grownups and people who have accomplished something besides going to Harvard Law and becoming a community organizer and politician. You can see what that has gotten us. Having someone who has had to actually make life or death decisions or decisions that affected the direction of an organization getting the opportunity to lead a country would be a nice change of pace.

Instead of the mentally challenged man-child crisis golfer we have now who thinks "leading from behind" is a good thing and handing out sternly worded speeches constitutes making a policy.

17. etrain16

etrain16 Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

No one is getting my 'vote' yet. It's still way to early to worry about who will be up for the actual vote next November. I suspect some of the names at the top right now will be gone by the time we get there. And I don't think Trump has a chance in Hades of being the nominee (not that I would vote for him anyway). He's a show pony that is enjoying a longer than usual ride. When the sh!t gets serious come primary time, he'll be packing up and going home. Just my prediction.

bakersman345 likes this.
  18. 308

308 ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ Platinum Supporter Silver Supporter

I'm not sold on Trump. But seriously, how could he be any worse than the fool we have now.

Mikej, Tbucket, Raidingtime and 5 others like this.
  19. Jamie6.5

Jamie6.5 Western OR Well-Known Member

That's the scariest part of this whole deal.

How in the hell did we ever get to the point where someone like the donald was a serious contender for prez, and would be considered an improvement?

2506 and Slobray like this.
  20. Brutus57

I think most of us can agree, Trump would be no worse than BHO, but, is he electable? I don't think he is. Are the seasoned citizens going to vote for a loudmouth with a combover?
    The Rs have got to get it right this time and they need to have winnowed the field in 5 months.

Brutus Out