JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Was given an old Herter's West German made SA .22. Upon close inspection, found the firing pin spring ruined and the firing pin/plunger broken. There is a machined flat portion on top of the firing pin assembly that has a raised ridge on both ends. A set screw that is screwed in from behind the rear sight keeps the firing pin from moving too far forward or backward.

I know that these pistols came under many different names in went through many design iterations. I can't find a schematic showing a firing pin assembly like mine. Numrich show the Reck schematic with the firing pin and plunger being a separate piece. They are all out of the plunger but I ordered the pin and spring to compare to what I have. I have a nice old metal lathe and I know I can turn the piece but without a mill I would probably have to use a file for the flat top portion. Below are pics of the part and the closest schematic I can find.

Just looking for ideas or resources if you guys have any.

Kellen

photo 1.JPG
photo 2.jpg
photo 3.jpg
Reck_12_schem.jpg

photo 1.JPG

photo 2.jpg

photo 3.jpg

Reck_12_schem.jpg

I've been looking at those links and still don't see one that matches what I have. I may try and use my lathe as a horizontal mill as well to mill the flat portion. Will probably just chuck up an old drill bit as it's probably the cheapest hardened metal for me to try this out on.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top