JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So apparently the guy who shot and killed a robber earlier this month was a "former" heroin dealer and that's why the two men tried to rob him

<broken link removed>

6be8e25b5473.jpg

I know of a couple of kids that were going around robbing houses, when they got caught they were facing some pretty mean charges... They said it was because they were on heroin, so they got a break and practically got off scott free!!!........ Does anyone else see the bas akwards thinking here? Or am I just crazy??? Nice CSI Miami cartoon by the way boxer13! Notice he is putting sunglasses on his face with sunglasses on! Double protection I guess.

I know of a couple of kids that were going around robbing houses, when they got caught they were facing some pretty mean charges... They said it was because they were on heroin, so they got a break and practically got off scott free!!!........ Does anyone else see the bas akwards thinking here? Or am I just crazy??? Nice CSI Miami cartoon by the way boxer13! Notice he is putting sunglasses on his face with sunglasses on! Double protection I guess.

What really gets me is when you hear people blaming crimes of any kind these days on either the economy or drugs.
It's northeast Portland for cryin' out loud! They may or may not be on drugs and the "economy" most likely doesn't effect them because of their chosen lifestyle. The "economy" is an issue to those who work for what they have & have what they want. There are, I'm sure, many people out there who take/do/are on drugs that are responsible hard-working individuals.
You, my friend, are certainly not crazy. They are! Any excuse to lighten the punishment is good and the court-appointed attorney still gets his money.

Wifey

Wifey, Your comment about "there are, I'm sure,may people out there who take/do/are on drugs that are responsible hard-working individual". Where are you coming from, a drug induced haze, are you trying to justify drug use? Sure sounds like it, sounds like you feel breaking the law and using drugs is OK because being "a hardworking" person it is OK to be a pot head, stoner and the like. "Its northest Portland for crying out loud", sorry doesn't cut it with me, I don't expect tocome to a city and be robbed or mugged and hear the lame excuse, it's northestPortland etc. I'm writing this hoping that I took your comments wrong. Spad

It's northeast Portland for cryin' out loud!
Please feel free to correct me if I am wrong. Are you saying because it's "Northeast Portland" we should resign ourselves to the fact this has become acceptable behavior for this area? Should people have to be in fear in this particular area? Should warning signs be posted for those unknowing who might enter the area since this is "Northeast Portland for cryin' out loud" ?

Don't count out the #1 used and abused drug. Responsible for ~4% of all deaths world wide...

Northwest Libations Community - NorthwestLibations.com

=============================================================

Not even close.

=========================================
CDC - Fact Sheet - Tobacco-Related Mortality - Smoking & Tobacco Use
More deaths are caused each year by tobacco use than by all deaths from human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), illegal drug use, alcohol use, motor vehicle injuries, suicides, and murders combined.

Half the people I know are on drugs.
What do you mean by 'on drugs' - prescription or illegal? How often - from the time they wake up to bedtime? Sorry - I cannot equate "on drugs and hard workers" I unfortunately have to interface with line staff at my place of employment who are "on drugs" and they are the most worthless, moody and non-time efficient people there. I can easily compare their efficiency against the non-drug users. Sorry but the "hard worker" you know who is on drugs has probably settled into a pattern of complacency and is only working hard to the level he/she can attain and any further advancement of their position or abilities will be inhibited by them being 'on drugs'.

Not even close.

=========================================
CDC - Fact Sheet - Tobacco-Related Mortality - Smoking & Tobacco Use
More deaths are caused each year by tobacco use than by all deaths from human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), illegal drug use, alcohol use, motor vehicle injuries, suicides, and murders combined.

I never said it was the deadliest. I said it was the most used and abused.

More than half of all Americans aged 12 or older report that they are current drinkers. In the latest national survey, 51.9% of those surveyed said they were current drinkers

Results from the 2010 NSDUH: Summary of National Findings, SAMHSA, CBHSQ

I think you guys need to start drawing a line between things that aren't your business and things that are.

No one can stand up to minute scrutiny.

Drugs aren't a problem, but some behavior that is arguably (and disputed, at least among experts) caused by drug use is.

None of you have any idea how many people around you, in your life, in your place or work, or even in your home use drugs. The only people you are aware of that use drugs are the ones who by some behavior drew attention to that fact.

Oh, and after a lifetime as a business owner, I agree-- some of the very hardest workers, and some of the best employees used drugs, in my experience.

What do you mean by 'on drugs' - prescription or illegal? How often - from the time they wake up to bedtime? Sorry - I cannot equate "on drugs and hard workers" I unfortunately have to interface with line staff at my place of employment who are "on drugs" and they are the most worthless, moody and non-time efficient people there. I can easily compare their efficiency against the non-drug users. Sorry but the "hard worker" you know who is on drugs has probably settled into a pattern of complacency and is only working hard to the level he/she can attain and any further advancement of their position or abilities will be inhibited by them being 'on drugs'.

I did a poor job of making my point.

I know of 4 people close to me who are on anti depressants, and they live a fuller more productive life now that they are properly medicated, anti depressants are mood altering drugs as is marijuana. My Buddy Bob is a functional alcoholic who performs better if he doesn't alter his normal drinking patterns, he is not drinking at work, but if I can still smell alcohol on him then he is to some extent still under the influence. Bob is in a very senior position.

In the 80's I remember construction workers buzzing around on cocaine and being more productive then there counterparts, in the 90's I remember laborers digging ditches, the ones on crack always moved more dirt.

I've known folks that had to take pain meds for a while, some who were fine as long as they could get there smoke break 3 times a shift.

And I have also worked around folks who at one time were good employees and then due to there abuse of illegal and sometimes legal drugs just literally went to pot.

It is my opinion that my work/life goes better when I am drug free, but I don't think that is necessarily true for every one.

I do agree with most of what you posted.

I never said it was the deadliest. I said it was the most used and abused.

Results from the 2010 NSDUH: Summary of National Findings, SAMHSA, CBHSQ

============================================================

Alcohol abuse is a bad, bad thing, generally leads to much heart ache. I think I am just looking at things differently as I consider smoking as a form of addiction, and cigarettes as a drug.

In fact I consider alcohol and tobacco as the most dangerous drugs on the planet.

I think you guys need to start drawing a line between things that aren't your business and things that are.

No one can stand up to minute scrutiny.

None of you have any idea how many people around you, in your life, in your place or work, or even in your home use drugs. The only people you are aware of that use drugs are the ones who by some behavior drew attention to that fact.

==============================================================

I know people that could stand up to any scrutiny, and you have no idea how naive or not people on this board are to life around them.

POST #18: "In fact I consider alcohol and tobacco as the most dangerous drugs on the planet."
Tobacco kills about 400K people a year in America via lung cancer. Alcohol kills about 175K. I was told by a person who knew from experience that tobacco is more addictive than heroin. He had been a junkie for his entire adult life, so I believed him. Cannabis has never killed anyone, but keeping it illegal provides a living for legions of cops, lawyers, counselors, drug cartels, and general busybodies. The reason it was made illegal was because the acid process for making paper out of wood
pulp would be worthless if hemp could compete as alternative fiber. The sails of the sailing ships were made of hemp. The word canvas comes from Cannabis. Some people just have to run everybody's lives.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top