JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Was going to rig up a stock for this 16" pistol but then saw that heritage has all the parts online. Nice to hold. Haven't shot it yet. Stock is lightweight but seems to be good wood, not plasticy. 22 mag would be fun at this barrel length I think.

Finished conversion. Removing 5 frame screws and screwing in one long bolt in the stock are all that is needed.
840617F9-141F-4913-97EE-9E9972660520.jpeg
Pistol with extra wide grips before conversion
D2FDAC35-86A8-46EF-AC4C-A53C8E8B6895.jpeg

I almost want to buy a rough rider and get one of those stocks....Pretty inexpensive and looks pretty good!
Yea Kentucky gun co has 16" pistols for $149 right now (with 22lr cylinder only) and parts for the carbine (stock, frame, and long bolt) are just under $100 total. Stock is better wood than I thought it would be. I was expecting that cheapo wood like on a Benjamin discovery airgun. This seems to be real walnut.

Or if u don't care about pistol option I know they sell the rancher which has sling swivels and sling but that's manufactured as a rifle. 22mag cylinder is $30. The rancher also has buckhorn type sights fwiw.
F2F330BE-B9A9-4519-8876-9E7B7B917229.jpeg
BCE18CCA-2C19-4BCC-929F-37A7BEEA7269.jpeg
Edit: gun zone deals has for $143
F43B754C-3720-4970-9130-F2D04C7FABA3.jpeg
Adjustable sights version is a bit more. Front sight is fiber optic though so doesn't look correct fwiw
1C14D049-C764-4BDB-A37C-1F567CF292FA.jpeg

Last Edited:
Ok, that's pretty slick that they sell the conversion kit sans any need for a BGC.

I will always dig a 22, and this little carbine is pretty slick in all honesty.

Whats the overall length on something like this?

I've got one of those for my 1885 Remington. Mine"s an antique. PAX

View attachment 1088978

View attachment 1088979
Those guns r cool! I thought about getting the uberti/cimarron/pietta reproduction model and then getting a conversion cylinder so it would shoot 45 LC. About $800 was cheapest I could find for the gun plus cylinder. Those conversion cylinders r spendy. I think the uberti non black powder revolving carbines are like $1000ish but can't recall.

Uberti used to also make a buntline with a removable stock in the past. That thing was cool but can't recall if it was 16" barrel or if it was an sbr or what. I still see the stock for sale occasionally, can't remember model name.

Those guns r cool! I thought about getting the uberti/cimarron/pietta reproduction model and then getting a conversion cylinder so it would shoot 45 LC. About $800 was cheapest I could find for the gun plus cylinder. Those conversion cylinders r spendy. I think the uberti non black powder revolving carbines are like $1000ish but can't recall.

Uberti used to also make a buntline with a removable stock in the past. That thing was cool but can't recall if it was 16" barrel or if it was an sbr or what. I still see the stock for sale occasionally, can't remember model name.
Mine's a repo but I don't remember who made it. It was a garage sale find for a hunnerd bucks. and it was froze up solid. Couple days soaking in ATF freed it up. The fella had 2 other BP rifles but they were in too poor of condition. PAX

Mine's a repo but I don't remember who made it. It was a garage sale find for a hunnerd bucks. and it was froze up solid. Couple days soaking in ATF freed it up. The fella had 2 other BP rifles but they were in too poor of condition. PAX
Looks very nice in that photo!

I almost want to buy a rough rider and get one of those stocks....Pretty inexpensive and looks pretty good!
I purchased one this fall in Montana, after looking high and low here for one, even tried ordering one through Bi-mart. First off pay attention to where your free hand goes. Expect to possibly receive powder burn on your cheek, they blow spend powder out the side, Wear ear protection because they are louder than you may expect. I have yet to try a 22mag cylinder in it. Still a fun gun and mine is pretty accurate out of the box.

I purchased one this fall in Montana, after looking high and low here for one, even tried ordering one through Bi-mart. First off pay attention to where your free hand goes. Expect to possibly receive powder burn on your cheek, they blow spend powder out the side, Wear ear protection because they are louder than you may expect. I have yet to try a 22mag cylinder in it. Still a fun gun and mine is pretty accurate out of the box.
Good info thanks! I thought about adding a little blast shield to the frame similar to the Taurus revolving carbine (45LC/.410 shotgun). Wouldn't be that hard to add. It would take time to make the blast shield itself though. But I will hold off until shooting it as is.

Also the Taurus one is made so u can hold the forend with ur other hand. But in dry firing the heritage it seems to be just fine balance-wise without having to put ur other hand on the barrel. Even dry firing one handed it's very stable and natural using the stock. But none of that means anything really without firing it on the range so we'll see.

Here is the Taurus/Rossi blast shield fwiw:
CBB3FF5E-8A75-4D13-B6E1-5720CC9BA45A.jpeg
528E4221-01CB-4B84-8CFC-0DD472141401.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads