JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Here is a message I sent to my family and representatives

"Rumor is circulating that Senator Feinstein is going to propose another gun ban on January 22nd.

My family and I urge you to vote no on any new gun legislation. Data from the government itself shows that time and time again, as gun control laws are passed, crime INCREASES.

Here is a paper from a University in Italy showing that as crime in America has decreased, it has increased elsewhere in the world. http://www2.dse.unibo.it/zanella/papers/crime-EP.pdf

Gun control legislation will serve only to turn law abiding citizens in to criminals. Please vote no on more restrictive legislation."

Feel free to copy and paste the same message.

Here is the automailer link: <broken link removed>

I selected ALL of the people in both lists. I recommend you do too.

Here is the NRA news bite: <broken link removed>

Here is a message I sent to my family and representatives

"Rumor is circulating that Senator Feinstein is going to propose another gun ban on January 22nd.

My family and I urge you to vote no on any new gun legislation. Data from the government itself shows that time and time again, as gun control laws are passed, crime INCREASES.

Here is a paper from a University in Italy showing that as crime in America has decreased, it has increased elsewhere in the world. http://www2.dse.unibo.it/zanella/papers/crime-EP.pdf

Gun control legislation will serve only to turn law abiding citizens in to criminals. Please vote no on more restrictive legislation."

Feel free to copy and paste the same message.

Here is the automailer link: <broken link removed>

I selected ALL of the people in both lists. I recommend you do too.

Here is the NRA news bite: <broken link removed>

I would hope that your Senator would read this, but I do not think this is a "fact" issue (as it should be). but a political control issues. I am fearful that the lefties have the dominate hand right now, but the NRA is also well school on countering properganda (so I would hope).

Last time I used the automailer I received responses from around 8 of the selected individuals. All quite supportive of the 2nd amendment.

Bumping this thread because it's come to my attention that my friends are all really damn lazy. People, if you want to keep your guns, speak up to the people that make the decisions.

If you have spoken up, drop in here and say so. The more people that come forward, the more people that will take the 2 minutes to fill out the form and hit send.

I live in Missouri, which is right across the river from Illinois. Illinois in gun laws isn't that far off from the People's Republic of Kalifornia in gun laws. What I do thats legal on the Missouri side of the river with my firearm, is an instant wind up in jail for several months felony in Illinois. In Missouri you can keep a loaded firearm stashed away in your glove compartment if you feel like it, no CCW required. As long as you tell the cop about it at the time of the pullover there shouldn't be any issues because we allow conceal carry in our vehicles. In Illinois thats an instant felony.

And despite all their feel good, anti-gun laws in Illinois, Chicago is still a pretty violent city in the inner city neighborhoods. Hardly a utopian society due to restrictive gun laws.

Bump for attention.

Interesting story in the Statesman Journal this morning. I like how they finished it too.

<broken link removed>

Screen Shot 2013-01-11 at 3.11.37 PM.png

January 16, 2013

Dear Mr. @k$$^

Thank you for contacting me about guns and how we can prevent gun violence. I appreciate hearing from you.

The tragic shootings in a Connecticut elementary school, the Clackamas Town Center, and a theater in Colorado are the latest in a long list of senseless mass shootings that occur too often in our country. These examples, and others like them, show that we must do more to prevent gun violence.

Our priority should be to find ways to keep guns out of the hands of people who use them to kill or injure innocent victims. One of the first steps we should take is to pass federal legislation to require background checks on all gun sales at gun shows, a law that Oregon already has on the books. Cracking down on gun trafficking and illegal sales would keep more guns out of the wrong hands. I also support a ban on large capacity magazines like those used in the Colorado theater shooting.

Importantly, we must also address the mental health aspects of violent crime. Critical components of reducing violence include identifying and treating people with mental illness and offering education and resources to their families, teachers, and communities. We need a community effort to destigmatize those who seek treatment for mental illness, and policymakers must work to break down barriers to access these services.

I support the Second Amendment rights of individuals to own firearms for recreation and protection, but with every right comes a corresponding responsibility not to abuse or exploit that freedom to the detriment of others.

Thank you again for writing to me, and please know that I will keep your input in mind as Congress considers proposals to prevent gun violence.
If you would like to know more about my work in Congress, please sign up for my newsletter at Welcome to Representative Suzanne Bonamici | Representative Suzanne Bonamici or visit my Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/CongresswomanBonamici.

Sincerely,

Suzanne Bonamici
Member of Congress

January 16, 2013

Dear Mr. @k$$^

Thank you for contacting me about guns and how we can prevent gun violence. I appreciate hearing from you.

The tragic shootings in a Connecticut elementary school, the Clackamas Town Center, and a theater in Colorado are the latest in a long list of senseless mass shootings that occur too often in our country. These examples, and others like them, show that we must do more to prevent gun violence.

Our priority should be to find ways to keep guns out of the hands of people who use them to kill or injure innocent victims. One of the first steps we should take is to pass federal legislation to require background checks on all gun sales at gun shows, a law that Oregon already has on the books. Cracking down on gun trafficking and illegal sales would keep more guns out of the wrong hands. I also support a ban on large capacity magazines like those used in the Colorado theater shooting.

Importantly, we must also address the mental health aspects of violent crime. Critical components of reducing violence include identifying and treating people with mental illness and offering education and resources to their families, teachers, and communities. We need a community effort to destigmatize those who seek treatment for mental illness, and policymakers must work to break down barriers to access these services.

I support the Second Amendment rights of individuals to own firearms for recreation and protection, but with every right comes a corresponding responsibility not to abuse or exploit that freedom to the detriment of others.

Thank you again for writing to me, and please know that I will keep your input in mind as Congress considers proposals to prevent gun violence.
If you would like to know more about my work in Congress, please sign up for my newsletter at Welcome to Representative Suzanne Bonamici | Representative Suzanne Bonamici or visit my Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/CongresswomanBonamici.

Sincerely,

Suzanne Bonamici
Member of Congress

Got a generic letter back from her saying she supported mag bans, "for the children" etc... I told her if she fought as hard for the 2nd Amendment as she did for a woman's "right to choose" we would be encouraged. But that 1.2 million children were murdered in 2011 from abortion. And because of her position, she has lost our votes. So far no word back from her. :cool:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top