JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
IMG-0499.jpg

Last Edited:
Presupposing the worst, and we're stuck with the B.S. permit process while it gets worked out in the courts for the next decade.

It just hit me.

At $200 to start and then a $90 renewal ($30 per year) fee thereafter...

Fill out a Form 7 - Type 01 FFL, or pay for some B.S. permit to exercise a right (for likely near the same cost all-in)

Perhaps we all simply become FFLs...

🤔

Type 07 FFL . You can do everything an 01 can plus you can file for an 02 SOT and its $150 for 3 years. Do some transfers, assemble a few things.

Make whatever you want.

Last Edited:
It took a few months. I guess there's only 2 IOI,s in Oregon now. The gal who interviewed me said they were swamped! Not sure with all the 114 BS maybe some folks will back out? I wouldn't though, keep goin
Either 114 will get an injunction soon or they'll get the rules together and I think you'll find a situation where the small FFL's are going to be doing well for themselves doing transfers. Dont get mad folks, just being practical.

Presupposing the worst, and we're stuck with the B.S. permit process while it gets worked out in the courts for the next decade.

It just hit me.

At $200 to start and then a $90 renewal ($30 per year) fee thereafter...

Fill out a Form 7 - Type 01 FFL, or pay for some B.S. permit to exercise a right (for likely near the same cost all-in)

Perhaps we all simply become FFLs...

🤔
"Perhaps we all simply become FFLs..."

I have been a proponent of this idea for awhile but many members here are not supportive of the idea. Maybe they don't want the competition?

Maybe they don't want the competition?
I don't think so. It's just that since brandon weaponized the alphabet it's more of a risky proposition. The level of scrutiny has been cranked up, the new guidelines requiring a subjective level of activity... or they'll yank your license, etc. I'm sure that give some folks a moment of pause if there is risk of losing their investment into the license and such(?)

He's flat our said it's his intention to shut down all these home based arms trafficker FFL's. It makes a guy wonder what they'll come up with next to make that happen.

I don't think so. It's just that since brandon weaponized the alphabet it's more of a risky proposition. The level of scrutiny has been cranked up, the new guidelines requiring a subjective level of activity... or they'll yank your license, etc. I'm sure that give some folks a moment of pause if there is risk of losing their investment into the license and such(?)

He's flat our said it's his intention to shut down all these home based arms trafficker FFL's. It makes a guy wonder what they'll come up with next to make that happen.
Ive known a few people who have gotten their FFL's in the last couple of years. Theyre still basically shall issue if you meet zoning requirements. 07's require some level of activity but thats easy to do with a few builds or integral silencer builds a year like I'll be doing. 01's are simple. Put your info on gunbroker and buds ship my gun service for a dollar less than everyone else in the area and you'll get more transfer business than you want. 20 bucks here, 20 bucks there.07's have the absolute advantage over 01's though.

In states that require UBC's and going through dealer for all transfers I dont see how you couldn't maintain your license if you were really trying to. I get the impression the dealers whose licenses are getting pulled aren't really trying to function as a dealer.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads