JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've been hunting all my life but I'm new to handguns and centerfire rifles. This website community has a wealth of knowledge and I'm looking to learn as much as I can from the people on the forum.

I'm currently looking for a sidearm for bowhunting, and considering a Ruger or S&W .357, or possibly a 357 Sig. Any thoughts? Should I consider a used gun as I shop?

I look forward to quality discussion and the chance to gain some knowledge.

K13

Hi K13, welcome to the forum! You can't go wrong with a .357 but it will depend on what you are comfortable shooting. You don't list what part of the state you are in but I suggest you go to a range and try out different pistols and revolvers before you buy. I've picked up a ton of used guns and have had very few issues in doing so. Enjoy! Gary

Thanks for the reply, Capt. I'm in east Portland for the summers and Tillamook in the winter, I'd love to find a range where I could get a chance to shoot different revolvers. I know that the English Pit in Vancouver rents handguns, are there places in Oregon that do the same?

Welcome. I have a Glock G20 that is getting use as my woods sidearm. 10mm and 357 mag are relatively comparable. I like having the extra capacity. It's not a revolver though.

The Clackamas County Public Safety Training Center also rents handguns. It's close to the Clackamas Town Center.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top