JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Text of the Bill is here: https://lawfilesext.leg.wa.gov/biennium/2021-22/Pdf/Bills/Senate Bills/5217.pdf?q=20220627173325

It is banning a whole bunch of specific models by name as well as its "copycats".

However, it also seems grandfathered firearms owned prior to 1/1/2022? They are trying to lure us in with grandfathered clause, just like the magazine ban!

NEW SECTION. Sec. 2.
(3) In order to continue to possess an assault weapon that was legally possessed on the effective date of this section, the person possessing the assault weapon shall possess the assault weapon only on property owned or immediately controlled by the person, or while engaged in the legal use of the assault weapon at a duly licensed firing range, or while engaged in a lawful outdoor recreational activity such as hunting, or while traveling to or from either of these locations for the purpose of engaging in the legal use of the assault weapon, provided that the assault weapon is stored unloaded and in a separate locked container during transport.

NEW SECTION. Sec. 3.
(2)(a) A person who lawfully possessed, has a purchase order for, or completed an application to purchase an assault weapon before January 1, 2022, and who has registered the assault weapon with the Washington state patrol may:
(i) Continue to possess and transport the assault weapon;

I do not believe the dates will be valid when the bill gets re-introduced, this bill was introduced in January 2021, undoubtedly they will change the date variables in regard to when you could've purchase a firearm, otherwise if they do not and they re-introduce the bill in the next legislative session that would mean that it would be over one years worth of state wide "assualt weapons"purchases and at that point people would have to either register or give up their property to the state and I don't think that would go over very well.

However, it also seems grandfathered firearms owned prior to 1/1/2022? They are trying to lure us in with grandfathered clause, just like the magazine ban!
Typical Lefty hook... Get us to let our guard down (Welp, our benevolent overlords will let us keep what we already have, so I guess that's OK, right?), then come a year or two later, WHAMMO! Everything's illegal!
NEW SECTION. Sec. 2.
(3) In order to continue to possess an assault weapon that was legally possessed on the effective date of this section, the person possessing the assault weapon shall possess the assault weapon only on property owned or immediately controlled by the person, or while engaged in the legal use of the assault weapon at a duly licensed firing range, or while engaged in a lawful outdoor recreational activity such as hunting, or while traveling to or from either of these locations for the purpose of engaging in the legal use of the assault weapon, provided that the assault weapon is stored unloaded and in a separate locked container during transport.
They can suck out my butt. I'm not buying lockable containers for 2 dozen+ rifles! I've got zippered Pit Bull cases for every one, and spent a fair chunk-o-change just to get all of those. Anything more than that, they can go phuq themsleves...
NEW SECTION. Sec. 3.
(2)(a) A person who lawfully possessed, has a purchase order for, or completed an application to purchase an assault weapon before January 1, 2022, and who has registered the assault weapon with the Washington state patrol may:
(i) Continue to possess and transport the assault weapon;
WTF does that mean...??? o_O

should
Lets see what the 9th circus says :rolleyes: you and I both know if WA State Supreme Court is anything like Oregon's, they'll rubberstamp and "interpret" both State and Fed Constitutions to make the laws "acceptable" :rolleyes:
A lot of the 9th agreed with Judge Benitez on illegality of the magazine ban in the PRK. I wonder if there are any real penalties on courts not following the clearly stated limits on how they must review laws like AW bans. The Turd wants to pass a law he knows is is violation of both the US Constitution AND the Washington state constitution. Such arrogance. We need to get the vote out and change the balance of power in this state.

Well, based upon Thursday's Supreme Court ruling, me thinks this isn't going to pass the "infringement of Second Amendment rights" test…

Ooppssss…
Don't worry, the slime balls that they are; they'll try to make something stick, this is not about safety this is about control.

I have never been a fan of collective punishment .

So tell me again why must I or other firearm owners , who have never harmed anyone with their firearms , or broken any laws...
Be made to suffer the consequences for those who have...?
Andy
Because dems see this as a way to incrementally take away your guns/gun rights. They know they will eventually lose in court but they also know how expensive it will be for us to win that fight and they also know the week after we win they will make another law essentually for the same thing and there is no legal way for us to stop them but to start the expensive fight all over again.

DEM = EVIL. but you already knew that.

These sorts of laws will start falling across the country. Ar15's with standard capacity mags (30 rounds) are in common use, incl for self defense (per Thomas, self defense is the "core" of 2A) and have never been regulated historically.
Slam dunk, but will take a few years.

A lot of the 9th agreed with Judge Benitez on illegality of the magazine ban in the PRK. I wonder if there are any real penalties on courts not following the clearly stated limits on how they must review laws like AW bans. The Turd wants to pass a law he knows is is violation of both the US Constitution AND the Washington state constitution. Such arrogance. We need to get the vote out and change the balance of power in this state.
Let's hire an IT guy to figure out how to override their computer voting. What Washington being one of 6 states where the exact percentage of people like 6% voted a straight republican ticket except for governor and president. I don't know anyone who voted like that.

What should be made criminal is them frivolously wasting taxpayer $$'s on that type of, throw everything against the wall and see if anything sticks, policy making... not to mention tying up the overburdened courts with B.S. they already know won't pass muster. It's the public footing the bill that allows them to pull that crap and it's the public again that has to foot the bill to try and defend against it. Insult to injury, the public additionally pays them hefty salaries and exorbitant benefits packages to do it to us.

If that's not criminal conspiracy, failure to uphold the oath of office, or any other number of actionable violations against the people... I dunno what is.

Last Edited:
Let's hire an IT guy to figure out how to override their computer voting. What Washington being one of 6 states where the exact percentage of people like 6% voted a straight republican ticket except for governor and president. I don't know anyone who voted like that.
I sure do. Lots of people, who are otherwise fairly fiscally conservative but found Trump in particular so objectionable that they could not vote for him. Tech industries are full of those people.

What should be made criminal is them frivolously wasting taxpayer $$'s on that type of, throw everything againt the wall and see if anything sticks, policy making... not to mention tying up the overburdened courts with B.S. they already know won't pass muster. It's the public footing the bill that allows them to pull that crap and it's the public again that has to foot the bill to try and defend against it. Insult to injury, the public additionally pays them hefty salaries and exorbitant benefits packages to do it to us.

If that's not criminal conspiracy, failure to uphold the oath of office, or any other number of actionable violations against the people... I dunno what is.
Very well said.

I sure do. Lots of people, who are otherwise fairly fiscally conservative but found Trump in particular so objectionable that they could not vote for him. Tech industries are full of those people.
Well I sure wish I knew some of them so I could thank them for this mess they helped create. The exact same percentage in 6 states? I find that impossible to believe.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top