JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Alright here are some ore photos

image.png image.png image.png

For a bit,up in Sequim,they were killing lots of sheep.
Not eating all they killed,BTW
Every thing has to have a balance.If there is good breeding and mild winters,all animals will thrive. When an Apex predator like a cougar has a few years of good breeding and low mortality rates,they will go to farms and kill livestock,pets,whatever is in the way.
We are pretty much their only threat
Then they come into YOUR neighborhood and walk around watching those cute little 2 legged morsels. Then YOU call the game department and have them killed anyway;)
:)

After that dentist got all sorts of public shaming for hunting Cecil the Lion, wealthy hunters ended up determining that the public's ire wasn't worth it and they stopped going. The population of cats has ballooned and Zimbabwe may need to cull up to 200 lions because of the "Cecil Effect."

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2016/02/25/cecil-effect-dangerous-for-lions-guides.html
http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/201...babwe-200-lions-overpopulation_n_9297298.html

We cannot think of every beautiful creature as the last of its kind that needs to be protected. In almost every case, there are more to go around and may become a problem if not hunted.

As soon as I have a few weeks off my unrelenting work travel jag, my oldest daughter and I will head out cougar hunting. She has seen mom and cubs sauntering around her town, and a friend has lost sheep and pigs to cats. #1 (DD) wants the head and pelt. I want the carcass and at least one other family wants some meat too. Their populations are up, adversely affecting deer and elk herds. Go online to ODFW and see for yourself. My kids tell me about regular sightings in mid Willamette valley.
Point being, if a human gets mauled or killed, hundreds will be hunted and killed by game wardens. That's simple math to me.

They aren't hanging out at Asian or Mexican restaurants they are hanging out at trendy bars in downtown Portland.

(sorry - I can't believe no one else had posted the obligatory cougar reference.)

You do know you can trap those cougars-----Play Journey's greatest hits on your predator
call, and lure them in with a nice Merlot.

What a shame, it's not like you can eat that.... Well maybe you could but to shoot such a amazing animal for nothing more then a Facebook photo... Sorry guys, I wouldn't do that.
Me too, what's the point of murder just because you can get away with it?
Now, if these guys can make it come alive again, I would be impressed, instead of just pissed off.

If you see that cat in the woods you shoot it before it eats you!
Because if you see it; it's about to kill you.
Was that a serious comment or a joke? And yes you can eat them and I have heard that cougar backstrap is some of the finest meat you can eat. Tastes like the best pork you have had. I haven't found one to prove that theory yet though but when the time comes I will take the shot for a Facebook photo op;).

If you see that cat in the woods you shoot it before it eats you!
Because if you see it; it's about to kill you.
Not even close.
I have talk to many cat hunters that will tell you ,if you have been in the woods much there has been a cougar watching you at some point. They really don't want much to do with humans.
But there is a season on them for a reason and I would most definitely harvest one without remorse,not matter what or who calls it murder.
This is laughable
Me too, what's the point of murder just because you can get away with it?
:s0054:
Just because you don't hunt doesn't make it murder

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews