JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Wife showed this to me:

image.jpeg

I have zero background info, just a congratulatory Facebook post on wife's account that was shared around.

Big kitty...

Yep, that seems like a big cat. Good thing it's dead. lol.
One thing that's always intrigued me is how saber-tooth cats would go extinct and then spontaneously reappear.. many, many times.

What a shame, it's not like you can eat that.... Well maybe you could but to shoot such a amazing animal for nothing more then a Facebook photo... Sorry guys, I wouldn't do that.

What a shame, it's not like you can eat that.... Well maybe you could but to shoot such a amazing animal for nothing more then a Facebook photo... Sorry guys, I wouldn't do that.
Me neither, unless of course it was endangering someone. I've seen them a
couple of times in my area and would not hesitate to kill one if I had to.
Otherwise it seems a waste of a beautiful animal.

Aside from that.....assuming the picture has not been doctored, that's one big kitty.

Actually you can eat them, I have and it was actually a very tasty treat. Most people I know of do use the meat. Makes awesome summer sausage!;)

They do have a hearty diet of deer and elk, so it's not like they survive on carrion or other nasty garbage like bears.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads