JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
<broken link removed>

Here is the bill that is proposed. Note that you can't sell or transfer high capacity magazines if the bill goes into effect. That effectively means when you die the high capacity magazines will have to be destroyed.

This needs to be defeated.

I thought it was going to be comprehensive, guns, mental health, violence in society. Oh yeah that was just BS talk there.

They are trying to divide and conquer, non EBR folks will get caught up in this madness also, they need to know that. If these gun grabbers get the EBR's they will then get handguns and "sniper rifles" next.

Handguns account for about 90% of all gun deaths, while rifles of all kinds only account for about 2%. I think I can here that drum beat already.

ANY gun owner not against this dog poo deserve to lose thier guns.

prohibition-puzzleLG_zpscfa5b407.jpg

I got this pic off a site about how MADD is just a neo-prohibitionist organization, but I think it works for gun laws too.

This needs to be defeated.

I thought it was going to be comprehensive, guns, mental health, violence in society. Oh yeah that was just BS talk there.

They are trying to divide and conquer, non EBR folks will get caught up in this madness also, they need to know that. If these gun grabbers get the EBR's they will then get handguns and "sniper rifles" next.

Handguns account for about 90% of all gun deaths, while rifles of all kinds only account for about 2%. I think I can here that drum beat already.

ANY gun owner not against this dog poo deserve to lose thier guns.

They can't go after handguns - SCOTUS decision is in the way.

That is in the EXEMPTED Section...You should be speechless that they want the modern sporting rifles. By their definition, my Springfield XD-45 is an assault weapon.

I got this pic off a site about how MADD is just a neo-prohibitionist organization, but I think it works for gun laws too.

Great parallel between MADD and those pushing for firearm restrictions.

I hate MADD because they pushed DUI laws that are overly restrictive. They would prefer prohibition.

I am also sure that a lot of people supporting these firearm laws would also prefer outright prohibition.

Not sure but did I miss something my savage model 11 243, my customMark x action .308 is not legal my rem 597 semiauto is illegal by 1022 is illegal my 77/22 17 hrm is illegal my .22 bolt action rifle are illegal or did I miss read this thing. how did bolt action rifle get in this that f@$$ing woman is a complete Idiot A rock has more brains.
What a complete group of morons who wrote this list up I can find higher IQs In a rock quarry

They can't go after handguns - SCOTUS decision is in the way.
They're trying to tighten what is allowed for new handguns.

I wonder how a magazine restriction would be decided because magazines over 10 rounds are standard on many common handguns.

I really hope it doesn't come down to a Supreme Court decision though.

Ok man I missed it "APPENDIX A &#8211; FIREARMS EXEMPTED BY THE
2 ASSAULT WEAPONS BAN OF 2013
3 &#8216;&#8216;CENTERFIRE RIFLES&#8212;AUTOLOADERS"
Damn I got all sorts of sideways. Still a piss poor list.
Thanks for helping out

Great parallel between MADD and those pushing for firearm restrictions.

I hate MADD because they pushed DUI laws that are overly restrictive. They would prefer prohibition.

I am also sure that a lot of people supporting these firearm laws would also prefer outright prohibition.

I don't mean to get off-topic, but yes I think the DWI laws are overly strict. If in fact no one is hurt or any property damage is done, the DWI charge has the harshest penalties as far as driving is concerned, even if you victimized no one. If I looked I could find an example where a man got pulled over 5x for DWI over a 33 year period, and on his 5th got a 25 year sentence from the judge, even though he never wrecked into anyone.

My dad was watching a Perry Mason episode the other day and some random comment to Mason was something like "The man blew a .15 when he got out of the vehicle. .15!? That man was approaching being drunk!" Now in a lot of states, even though the official limit is .08, the cops can arrest you for as low as .03, especially if you've already had one or two DWI's, and DUI's below .08 automatically get upgraded to DWI usually if you're a repeat offender so you can easily find yourself a felon even if there was no victim or property damage done. It's essentially zero tolerance, getting lots of people tied up in the legal system even though otherwise they are not criminal at all, or were well below the BAC where fatal DWI's start occuring regularly (which is around .17, not .08, let alone .03).

I could talk to you about the faults in our DWI laws if you want but that would have to be a separate thread. If I go for my Masters in CCJ, I'm thinking my thesis will be about how DWI laws always getting stricter is not saving lives on road ways, but ruining more lives and peoples from finding a job for finding employment.

DWI is a pre-crime if no victim or damage is done when you are pulled over for it. In another thread I railed against laws against pre-crime's because they are the very essence of big government and laws designed to put more US citizens in the CCJ system and deny them of constitutional rights and voting rights. Pre-Crime law's are one of the main reasons why we have such a bloated prison population. You can actually go to jail longer than a murderer if you're found with crack and a gun on your third felony arrest. 40-50 years ago, the Prison system was based on what you did, that got you in that position. These days its due to a combination of factors and what you COULD of done, that leads to long incarceration offenses, even when the person had no mal intent at the time they were stopped by police.

edit: If you wanted to make driving laws fair, then Alcohol should only be a factor in a ticket, the underlying factor for an arrest shouldn't be alcohol and alcohol alone, because I know plenty of sober drivers who put lives at risk including myself back when I was into street racing. The main prerequisite for an arrest due to your driving shouldn't be small amounts of alcohol in your system, but if you were driving recklessly. They should swap DWI penalties with Careless and Imprudent driving penalties. I've gotten a C&I and my driving was much worse than when I got my DWI, but the penalty for my C&I was a slap on the wrist and I didn't even get arrested, just a small $300 fine. You have to be driving really REALLY bad to get a C&I, usually people with modified or fast cars are the ones who get them though, or if you did something crazy like drive on the opposite side of the road or 120mph down the highway, as it sits now, C&I's don't make for an arrest all the time like DWI's do.

They're trying to tighten what is allowed for new handguns.

I wonder how a magazine restriction would be decided because magazines over 10 rounds are standard on many common handguns.

I really hope it doesn't come down to a Supreme Court decision though.

I actually hope SCOTUS addresses magazines and "assault weapons" as soon as possible. Only their decision can put the end to the blanket pulling contest.

<broken link removed>

Here is the bill that is proposed. Note that you can't sell or transfer high capacity magazines if the bill goes into effect. That effectively means when you die the high capacity magazines will have to be destroyed.

waver of gun control? It seems like there is a steam roller going over us, but will the public ever wake up to the extremes that are underfoot?

I don't mean to get off-topic, but yes I think the DWI laws are overly strict. If in fact no one is hurt or any property damage is done, the DWI charge has the harshest penalties as far as driving is concerned, even if you victimized no one. If I looked I could find an example where a man got pulled over 5x for DWI over a 33 year period, and on his 5th got a 25 year sentence from the judge, even though he never wrecked into anyone.

My dad was watching a Perry Mason episode the other day and some random comment to Mason was something like "The man blew a .15 when he got out of the vehicle. .15!? That man was approaching being drunk!" Now in a lot of states, even though the official limit is .08, the cops can arrest you for as low as .03, especially if you've already had one or two DWI's, and DUI's below .08 automatically get upgraded to DWI usually if you're a repeat offender so you can easily find yourself a felon even if there was no victim or property damage done. It's essentially zero tolerance, getting lots of people tied up in the legal system even though otherwise they are not criminal at all, or were well below the BAC where fatal DWI's start occuring regularly (which is around .17, not .08, let alone .03).

I could talk to you about the faults in our DWI laws if you want but that would have to be a separate thread. If I go for my Masters in CCJ, I'm thinking my thesis will be about how DWI laws always getting stricter is not saving lives on road ways, but ruining more lives and peoples from finding a job for finding employment.

DWI is a pre-crime if no victim or damage is done when you are pulled over for it. In another thread I railed against laws against pre-crime's because they are the very essence of big government and laws designed to put more US citizens in the CCJ system and deny them of constitutional rights and voting rights. Pre-Crime law's are one of the main reasons why we have such a bloated prison population. You can actually go to jail longer than a murderer if you're found with crack and a gun on your third felony arrest. 40-50 years ago, the Prison system was based on what you did, that got you in that position. These days its due to a combination of factors and what you COULD of done, that leads to long incarceration offenses, even when the person had no mal intent at the time they were stopped by police.

Start a thread in off topic and I'll answer. Let's not muddy this thread with that discussion.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top