JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Not to disagree with you brother....but the DC snipers used a Bushmaster AR bought in Tacoma at Bullseye. I do know MSM doesn't bring them up much because they were both black and that doesn't fit disarming all the NRA members agenda.

Brutus Out
I was pointing out past shootings that took place before the push for gun control and the AWB!

I think that comments like this are the real hype, and the avoidance of the actual facts. It is really discouraging to see that you, Ura-Ki, and Pops111, all feel this way about the Philando Castile shooting.

Castile was an honest and responsible citizen, with a real job, no criminal history of any kind, and was legally carrying with a CCW license. He is in no way at all comparable at all to either the thug Michael Brown, or Alton Sterling in Baton Rouge, who was a convicted felon with a long criminal history that included convictions for illegal drugs, firearms violations, assault, theft, and statutory rape. It is most unfair for you to place Castile in the same category.

Telling an officer that you have a gun should not be an immediate death sentence.
First off, seperate paragraph, seperate thought process. Not lumping them together, simply asking what do you expect to happen? Based upon the actions that are currently known...

Castle declares "I have a gun" then makes a motion reaching back to where a police officer might think said gun resides and you want what, the police to remain passive? Wait for said gun to be produced?

In this case both Castle and the officer screwed up. Castle for not proclaiming his carry permit first... The officer for most likely reacting prematurely...

I carry everyday, the last statement I'm going to make to a police officer is "I have a gun". They're trained to react one way to a gun, to neutralize, period. It's all in how you, the civilian, initiate that contact. I prefer to be up front and open, but thats just me...

I prefer to stay alive, I'll continue to present my drivers license and CHL together. Then we, the officer and I, can have a conversation... And I can go home to my loved ones..

In the Castle case, there's at least equal amounts of stupid going on... Sorry if your opinion differs from mine...

I...Castile was an honest and responsible citizen, with a real job, no criminal history of any kind, and was legally carrying with a CCW license. He is in no way at all comparable at all to either the thug Michael Brown, or Alton Sterling in Baton Rouge, who was a convicted felon with a long criminal history that included convictions for illegal drugs, firearms violations, assault, theft, and statutory rape. It is most unfair for you to place Castile in the same category.

Telling an officer that you have a gun should not be an immediate death sentence.

While we don't know what actually happened before his girlfriend started recording, my instincts are that Castile was cooperative and that there was a horrific misunderstanding on the part of the officer that resulted in tragedy. Still waiting for the facts to come in and hopefully the officer had a cam recording, but IMO this is at a minimum manslaughter.

Folks, black, white, or otherwise - keep your hands on the steering wheel and only move exactly as the officer tells you. Don't dig around for your wallet or registration before the officer gets to your car. The reality is that cops get killed every day in routine traffic stops, so if you want to stay safe, put yourself in their position. Hell, yes, they are on edge as they approach you. And, yes, disclose that you have a CHL (hand it over with your DL) and if there is a firearm in the vehicle.

EDIT - If Castile had followed my advice above he would almost certainly still be alive today.

Last Edited:
I think that comments like this are the real hype, and the avoidance of the actual facts. It is really discouraging to see that you, Ura-Ki, and Pops111, all feel this way about the Philando Castile shooting.

Castile was an honest and responsible citizen, with a real job, no criminal history of any kind, and was legally carrying with a CCW license. He is in no way at all comparable to either the thug Michael Brown ( who committed a robbery minutes before he was shot ), or Alton Sterling in Baton Rouge, who was a convicted felon with a long criminal history that included convictions for illegal drugs, firearms violations, assault, theft, and statutory rape. It is most unfair for you to place Castile in the same category.

While I agree with this pretty much 100%, how would you react to someone saying they have a gun and reaching back to pull something from the most common cc position? It's very sad and unfortunate, but unless you've been in the exact situation, you can't know that you wouldn't have shot him yourself.

First off, seperate paragraph, seperate thought process. Not lumping them together, simply asking what do you expect to happen? Based upon the actions that are currently known...

It was in the same post, and you listed him alongside men who were common criminals. That was extremely unfair and unreasonable for you to do.

For you and the others to think that he deserved death as much as the others, is really quite disturbing.

Michael Brown got into trouble because he had just committed a strong arm robbery. Alton Sterling got into trouble because he was a felon illegally concealing a handgun and flashing it to people.

What did Castile do to get himself into trouble? He was driving his car with a burned out tail light.

Castle declares "I have a gun" then makes a motion reaching back to where a police officer might think said gun resides and you want what, the police to remain passive? Wait for said gun to be produced?

In this case both Castle and the officer screwed up. Castle for not proclaiming his carry permit first... The officer for most likely reacting prematurely...

I carry everyday, the last statement I'm going to make to a police officer is "I have a gun". They're trained to react one way to a gun, to neutralize, period. It's all in how you, the civilian, initiate that contact. I prefer to be up front and open, but thats just me...

I prefer to stay alive, I'll continue to present my drivers license and CHL together. Then we, the officer and I, can have a conversation... And I can go home to my loved ones..

In the Castle case, there's at least equal amounts of stupid going on... Sorry if your opinion differs from mine...

While we don't know what actually happened before his girlfriend started recording, my instincts are that Castile was cooperative and that there was a horrific misunderstanding on the part of the officer that resulted in tragedy. Still waiting for the facts to come in and hopefully the officer had a cam recording, but IMO this is at a minimum manslaughter.

Folks, black, white, or otherwise - keep your hands on the steering wheel and only move exactly as the officer tells you. Don't dig around for your wallet or registration before the officer gets to your car. The reality is that cops get killed every day in routine traffic stops, so if you want to stay safe, put yourself in their position. Hell, yes, they are on edge as they approach you. And, yes, disclose that you have a CHL (hand it over with your DL) and if there is a firearm in the vehicle.

Multitasking makes me slow to post
These didn't show till I'd posted...

It was in the same post, and you listed him alongside men who were common criminals. That was extremely unfair and unreasonable for you to do.

For you and the others to think that he deserved death as much as the others, is really quite disturbing.

Michael Brown got into trouble because he had just committed a strong arm robbery. Alton Sterling got into trouble because he was a felon illegally concealing a handgun and flashing it to people.

What did Castile do to get himself into trouble? He was driving his car with a burned out tail light.

Deserving and justly receiving are two completely different things.

While I agree with this pretty much 100%, how would you react to someone saying they have a gun and reaching back to pull something from the most common cc position? It's very sad and unfortunate, but unless you've been in the exact situation, you can't know that you wouldn't have shot him yourself.

I think that anyone that would shoot in that sort of situation should not be allowed to carry a gun. Whether they are in law enforcement, or a private citizen.

There was an incident in Springfield several years ago where an officer said he thought he saw a handgun in the hands of a teenager who had stolen a car and gone out joy riding in it. The police chased him until he got his car hung up on some railroad tracks, and could not move. It was late at night, and when he opened his door, an officer thought he saw a gun. He opened fired, and killed the teen. It turned out that the kid had no weapons of any kind on him. The officer was never charged with any crime, and was exonerated by the DA, since he had "believed" that he was in danger.

The next year the boy's father tried to hire someone to murder the officer that killed his son. He is now serving a long prison sentence.

Another year after that, the officer involved in the shooting was fortunately finally fired from the Springfield Police force.

Last Edited:
This isn't the first time this has happened! Cop stops driver for simple thing, driver informs cop of permit, officer gets upset, driver gets shot, driver did little if any thing to get shot, what happens to cop now? there are a ton of videos of just this thing all over u tube, this is nothing new. What needs to happen is the police dept's need to train the officers that citizens with permits need to be treated respectfully with regards to there status as permit holders, that said person is to be assumed armed, and that as an officer it is now on you to take care to not do any thing that puts you in a position that is threatening or confusing or otherwise might result in drawing and shooting! Communicating clear in a calm voice, maintaining control of emotions and working through a stop with out the COP mentality will probably end with both going home to there loved ones! That is a big one, the Cop attitude, and it needs to stop! If you are rude, confrontational, and Azz hol-e people are going to be suspect of you, on the defense and now you have to work through to defuse that, AND You started it!:mad::mad::mad:

Well, again, it is all highly disturbing that you, nammac and Ura-Ki all think this way: that it is OK that Castile lost his life.

I certainly hope that none of you carry, since you would shoot someone just because you think that they have a gun.
I think you're sensationalizing our comments. Do you work for the MSM, by any chance?

EDIT - If Castile had followed my advice above he would almost certainly still be alive today.

Very much agree with your suggestions - I learned just that in CHL class and did exactly that the one and only time I was pulled over while carrying.

As to the officer having a recording, unfortunately that department doesn't issue body cameras, however it was reported this morning that they did pull video from his cruiser. Hopefully that will help shed some additional light. I suspect Castile was in error in how he stated he had a gun and by moving around without explicit instructions from the officer - but I'd like video evidence to confirm this.

I bet almost every single encounter with LEO that started out normal and ended up with a death was because of the COP and the Cop attitude that lead to the death of the civilian! I don't think there are very many folks out there that wake up and say, this is the day I snap and kill a cop, so the cops need to pull back and re evaluate there attitudes when dealing with the public! I do not care how stressfull that job is, it is their job! They choose to put on that badge and gun and go out in public to do said job, the responsibility is now on them! Killing some one is a awful thing and to make it into a racist thing is just plain political Race baiting! Every one needs to be respectful both sides of the window, you are a prink, you get prink, what do you expect? Obummer and Co need to be mindful of this, you wanna pull the race card, you better put your money where your mouth is! Start with the Blacks attitude ( and this is a small number of Black folks) Just why do you think there is a problem with being Black? Lets take a long hard look at the issues precievd to be the problem and then lets talk about why these folks are getting killed, Commit a crime and you are likely to get killed for resisting arrest! Act like an animal and get treated like one! Do any thing out side civilized behavior and you can expect this treatment! Lets call it what it is and stop being P.C. about it! Obummer Black #1 needs to keep his mouth shut and keep the other black "leaders" mouths shut and instead work on the real issues of why blacks think they are being killed instead of the facts of why they are! Rant over!

"They would like to charge us with radicalizing our people by telling the truth, but every time they kill a black man or beat up a black woman or unjustly stop us for traffic violations and then kill us, we are being radicalized. They are the ones who are radicalizing us. All we are doing is telling the truth of what they are doing." Louis Farrakhan, 8/5/2015

I can't condone what was done, and I intensely dislike Farrakhan, but I think his analysis is correct. Police behavior is to blame here (with some egging on by Obama), and the good cops don't get a pass on looking the other way when the bad ones get out of hand.

I should add an addendum to my above posts, they were designed to up set you, they were designed to show how many people see the world of law enforcement! This is not, not has it ever been about color, it is about the abuse of power we citizens can and do face daily! If it up set you, my very non P.C. view of Law and it's enforcement, then perhaps we can change the narrative together! You will also note I use the term COP, that is ( to me any way) an offensive term to describe an officer of the law! I use it to point out bad vs good!

U-hu. Black man commits a number of felonies and gets him self shot being stupid, didn't see that coming! And some how this narrative fits with the BLM movement? Get real folks! I got news for ya BLM, if any one of any color was like this dude and pulled stupid the end would have been the same! Get off the Oppression of black men, and start to do something about all the felons that are being "oppressed!"

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top