JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Blacksmith?

Not since the late 1800's. We even have water coming out of FAUCETS here, I'll have you know!!!

Machine shops? Sure. This part of the UK makes racing cars. And satellites. And Martian exploring machines. And world-renowned medical equipment, but the askist lives in Scotland.

I'm waiting to hear back from him - heck, I can even make bolts myself, but they are likely to be SAE-style threads that might pose a problem for me to screw-cut.

tac

Ask over on the castboolits forum. Someone there would know for sure. Lots of bullet mold experts and connoisseurs there that can help you out.

Ask over on the castboolits forum. Someone there would know for sure. Lots of bullet mold experts and connoisseurs there that can help you out.
Yea, before I go to a blacksmith I'll see if I can find about the part online.. they made millions of molds over the years so maybe they standardized from the gitgo?
Barring that, I'd bring a representative example to an Ace Hardware store and say, "gimme".. works every time.

smithy_from_livingarchives.jpg

Blacksmith....

Taken last week.

Making a set of grupples for stappling the gruttocking iron.

tac

Short of having them made, if he has a hardware store nearby head on in and try them until they fit.

H&G was a small operation, and they probably changed specs as the years went by.

He just called me - he's fixed up - they were standard SAE threads.

Thanks to all.

tac

PS - the likelihood of encountering ANY 'mercan-threaded stuff over here in Yoorup as about as likely as finding a three-pound coin. He borrowed a set of dies off his BIL, who has a WW2 Jeep.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top