JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I (still) own a CVA hunter in 223 break action.
Hammer fired and good trigger.
Not a bad gun to let the new to guns crowd shoot the same (scary) round as the horrible black death machine ar's
No joke, they will be the last gun to come for! Like I said, it was the one gun I regret selling. That's a big statement as I dont really regret selling off anything. I had to send the damn thing back to CVA to be reassembled as I couldn't figure it out after having it parkerized.
Interesting rifle. I don't recall those, but a reverse image search yielded results. The fact it runs on standard AR magazines is a huge plus. :)
Remington made them during the ban era for police. There was even a large quantity of buy backs available a bit back. Most police immediately traded them in for actual semi or fully automatic AR15s. Sadly, Remington stopped making them as ARs became popular and no market existed for them. A few companies make pump action AR15s for ban states, but not the same in my opinion. I like this for its traditional rifle looks and feels, plus threaded barrel and AR magazine capable.

The Henry rifle looks no uglier than the BLR, but Henry customer service and repair sucks horribly. Getting something fixed is very, very iffy and it seems like they just wear you down until you quit trying to get it fixed and give up. On the other hand, the .22 LA rifles are amazingly accurate and all that I've seen have worked wonderfully, unlike the AR-7s which have ALL sucked big time. Even GUN TESTS mag had a POS AR-7, but Henry fixed their rifle. Maybe I should have GT Mag send mine in for the hmmm, however many times and still not working. I like (need) a lighter rifle than I used to carry, and a few other items make me think the BLR might (or might not) be what I am looking for after reading the review. Hard to tell without seeing both side by side.

As far as the single shots go, the H&R Handy Rifles were great shooters and usually very accurate. May pick one up if priced right.

Heck, I talked with Henry on the phone about a tiny crack on one of mine, they mailed me a whole entire matching stock set free.

The AR-7 has been back and forth to Henry, still does not work at all. Admittedly it was improved 100% when it came back the first time. When I send it in (brand new rifle, NOT bought used) it would feed the first cartridge and jammed every round after that with the factory 10 rd magazine. When tried with all available mags, Henry, Charter Arms (which worked perfectly with all Charter Arms AR-7 rifles), aftermarket, etc. it feed the first round and jammed with every other cartridge in the magazine. Two rounds? Feed one, jammed. 3 rds? Feed one, jammed with other two. So on and so forth. Sent it back.

When it came back someone had reamed the chamber with a rat-tailed file (not kidding or making that up) and now it fed the first and second round and jammed with every round after that, with all magazines. After that there was no improvement to sending it back at all. It was just like sending Lee a worthless, junk, locked-up reloading press, they just put it in a different box and sent back without doing a thing to it no matter what the repair dept said.

After being returned the first time, the Henry AR-7 would now feed (usually anyway) the first two rounds out of any magazine and then jammed. Every time. One rd in mag? Feed fine. 2 rds? Feed fine. Three rds? Feed two, jammed. Four rds? Feed two, jammed two, on and on. All makes and brands of .22 LR ammo and every bullet style. After that? They took it out of the box and put it in another box and returned it, having done nothing to it (Henry and Lee both) as far as I could see/tell.

Got tired of spending money sending it back to them (Henry and Lee both) and getting it back exactly as it had been shipped to them (Henry and Lee both) and hung them both on the wall to remind me to not buy junk and to deal with companies that have a PROVEN track record of repair, if I can ever find one.

Gun Tests mag had the same problems with the Henry AR-7 they reviewed, but when they sent it back, it got repaired (or replaced) and actually worked. Mine was never repaired or replaced and never worked, ever, and still doesn't. If yours works great I am happy for you, the one I have has never worked, Henry (and Lee) refused to, or couldn't, or wouldn't, repair the defective product and just shipped it back as was, every time. NOT impresses with either companies service.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top